FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Mississinewa dam  (Read 4076 times)

bigr

Re: Mississinewa dam
« Reply #15 on: Aug 25, 2017, 04:48 AM »
The fish you get out of the Wabash are fine to eat as far as contaminates go. Size of fish have the most to do with it. Like a lot of body's of water the fish have there own taste. What I mean is they don't taste like the fish you get from lets say Bass lake which don't taste like the fish you get from Minn lakes. I for one don't really care for the taste of Lake Erie eye's. Strip pit bluegills for me are by far  better tasting than any where else I catch them. When it comes to eating fish I consider myself an expert, ha ha. I prefer the smaller size fish for eating in any species. 

taxid

« Reply #16 on: Aug 25, 2017, 06:31 AM »
Sorry guys too many sewage treatment plants on major rivers for me.  Just about every town or city on a major river ends up dumping it's treated water into the river. And when there's lot of rain many of them open the gates because the storm drains overwhelm the sewage treatment plants.

We can fight a war in Afghanistan for 16 years and improve their schools, but we can't get all our sewage treatment plants up to state of the art.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Walleyechaser96

« Reply #17 on: Sep 02, 2017, 01:02 PM »
Probably too soon but any eyes showing up yet??

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.