FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The beautiful, remot gunnison river gorge  (Read 3246 times)

TroutFishingBear

The beautiful, remot gunnison river gorge
« on: May 25, 2004, 03:57 PM »
This place is a place where we go at least twice every summer. It is very remote and the rapids are very difficult, but in between the rapids you can fish for fish that have barely seen a lure all year, and there are some true monsters, a 19 lb brown being my largest fish ever. We bring 1 throw-away camera and save very few pictures for fish, as watching ourselves go through the rapids or in a horrible storm, or just seeing bighorn sheep and beautiful rock formations take most of our film. It is about a 3-day trip.
Here are a few rapids, (the smaller ones) some scenery can be seen in the background, and a few fish. (browns, rainbows, in river, mostly browns).

Here's one where you can really see the territory well, although the canyon gets so narow at some points so that you can barely fit through, and boy is the trouting great in these spots!!!

wussy spot in the canyon

how about some fishing in between the rapids!!!

The fishing ain't bad either!
[/img]

My brother going through a rapid!
 ;D
[/img]

dale hittin' a rapid
[/img]

the geez is havin' fun!!!
[/img]

BRRR! I'm not! Look at this horrible thunderstorm :o
[/img]

But it was worth it! ;)
[/img]

Hey I hoped you guys liked this and I should get some more pics of it this summer! I'm going in about 3 weeks if they are releasing enough water and if the water is clear!

fozsey

Re: The beautiful, remot gunnison river gorge
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 04:49 PM »
How cool is that?  ;) Thats a beautiful area...WoW  ;)

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 05:37 PM »
cool, stuff, the upper hudson river gorge up here is like that too. the only access is to raft it, and I hear from a guy at work that guides it, the rainbows are GREAT, noone really fishes it, except a select few that pay to get down into this place. Great picture.  :D
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

fozsey

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2004, 07:17 PM »
TFB,

I love your pictures, but you got to do something with that hair on your scanner bed... :D Sorry, Just Ribbn' You a Little.... ;D ;D

raleigh

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2004, 09:43 PM »
Great pics TFB. We are doing a trip down the Gunnison River June 9th through the 12th for troubled teens. We are always looking for volunteers to help us out with the trips. You get to float the river for free and it is a great time. Today we took MDS clients down the Colorado river from hering parking lot to fruita. It was about a 15 to 20 mile float. If you would be intrested in doing some of the floats down the different rivers, go and talk to Tyler or Beth. They are located in the caboose in the dinasour mesume parking lot. And I will find the web site for you to go look at to. The web site is for their winter programs up at powerhorn. An you can print a aplication from the site. Here is the web site...................

http://www.cdaioa.com/about.cfm

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2004, 01:30 PM »
TFB,

I love your pictures, but you got to do something with that hair on your scanner bed... :D Sorry, Just Ribbn' You a Little.... ;D ;D

At first, I thought it was a hair too. But later, I found out that  it was not the case. It is a scratch, and for some reason, it is black.... must've been one of my claws :o

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.