FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Another Access Lost-Flint Lake-Valpo  (Read 5910 times)

crappiehunter

Another Access Lost-Flint Lake-Valpo
« on: Jul 14, 2013, 06:28 PM »
Yesterday I was over in Valpo and decided to drive by an access to Flint Lake that I've used for ice fishing for several years. It was on the shallow area on the east side of the lake. When I got there I was surprised to find two signs(from the DNR) that say that there is  no longer access there. "NO PUBLIC ACCESS". Another loss for the fisherman in our area. What bothers me is that I never heard about any hearing or discussion about changing this? I wonder what we can do in the future. Probably the property owners around there got it changed. How do the fisherman get a voice?

In defense for the property owners, I remember a time when as I was left the area from ice fishing, it was obvious that someone had relieved himself in that area. And I'm not talking urination! I'm sure the homeowners had had enough. We are our own worst enemies sometimes.

Let's clean up after ourselves!!!

Crappie, Bass, Gills, Eyes, Pike, anything that swims!!

black55

Re: Another Access Lost-Flint Lake-Valpo
« Reply #1 on: Jul 14, 2013, 06:47 PM »
It is sad when  we lose af ishing site ! Call the dnr and ask them , not sure if it will help, but maybe they can help . If  the lake is owned by the state not sure if they can legally keep it closed . I have the same concerns about lake maxi  kentucky.
I live in the great state of Dazed and Confused !

Bronzeback5

« Reply #2 on: Jul 14, 2013, 09:51 PM »
2 spots lost at Maxi for handicapped access. Would not be bad if they were filled with handicapped, but empty spots with the limited parking there. Should be a nice little revenue source for somebody

Get_the_Net

« Reply #3 on: Jul 15, 2013, 01:42 PM »
Call the DNR and verify they put up the signs.  It looks like some sort of picnic area.  Is it DNR property?  The reason I say to call is anyone can have signs made to look like 'official' DNR signs.  Lake property owners will go to great lengths to keep 'outsiders' off 'their' lakes.

Felix

• Myfishfinder Sponsor
  • R.I.P. Janurary 16, 2015
« Reply #4 on: Jul 15, 2013, 02:58 PM »
Call the DNR and verify they put up the signs.  It looks like some sort of picnic area.  Is it DNR property?  The reason I say to call is anyone can have signs made to look like 'official' DNR signs.  Lake property owners will go to great lengths to keep 'outsiders' off 'their' lakes.
Totally Agree!! I was thinking the same thing
Politicians and diapers need to be changed for the same reason

Fisher84

« Reply #5 on: Jul 15, 2013, 04:33 PM »
2 spots lost at Maxi for handicapped access. Would not be bad if they were filled with handicapped, but empty spots with the limited parking there. Should be a nice little revenue source for somebody

Where are the handicapped spots at Maxi? I've always wanted to fish there.
If at first you don't succeed, don't go skydiving.

There are no fish in this river.... wait! what the.... I got one!!!

pgaschulz

« Reply #6 on: Jul 15, 2013, 06:08 PM »
That is private land, after talking to a buddy on mine there i guess the land owner didn't care until last year when some crazy stuff happened, that's all I know...

Bronzeback5

« Reply #7 on: Jul 15, 2013, 09:16 PM »
Where are the handicapped spots at Maxi? I've always wanted to fish there.

They have 2 handicap access signs right in front of 1 of the docks near the ramp. I'm not sure if they did something to the docks to make it easier for the handicapped, my guess is just the signs so you could park right there next to a dock.

Big Crappie
Big Gills
Perch
Lots of Smallmouth
Big rock bass
Walleyes
Definitely one of our better fisheries

hounds

• If it were easy !!! Everyone would do it!
« Reply #8 on: Jul 15, 2013, 09:21 PM »
Yesterday I was over in Valpo and decided to drive by an access to Flint Lake that I've used for ice fishing for several years. It was on the shallow area on the east side of the lake. When I got there I was surprised to find two signs(from the DNR) that say that there is  no longer access there. "NO PUBLIC ACCESS". Another loss for the fisherman in our area. What bothers me is that I never heard about any hearing or discussion about changing this? I wonder what we can do in the future. Probably the property owners around there got it changed. How do the fisherman get a voice?

In defense for the property owners, I remember a time when as I was left the area from ice fishing, it was obvious that someone had relieved himself in that area. And I'm not talking urination! I'm sure the homeowners had had enough. We are our own worst enemies sometimes.

Let's clean up after ourselves!!!

Mike I remember trying to use the port a pottie at loomis and finding someone had used the facility leaving it everywhere but where it was meant to go.  That's not the action of any adult I know, it reminds me more of a teenage prank, maybe thats what you saw also.  Then they blame us (fisherman) for lack of evidence.

Fisher84

« Reply #9 on: Jul 15, 2013, 09:59 PM »

They have 2 handicap access signs right in front of 1 of the docks near the ramp. I'm not sure if they did something to the docks to make it easier for the handicapped, my guess is just the signs so you could park right there next to a dock.

Big Crappie
Big Gills
Perch
Lots of Smallmouth
Big rock bass
Walleyes
Definitely one of our better fisheries

Great, thanks! When temps get a bit lower I'll have to venture out.
If at first you don't succeed, don't go skydiving.

There are no fish in this river.... wait! what the.... I got one!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.