FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: How do you rock!!!  (Read 25286 times)

FarginIcehole

How do you rock!!!
« on: Jul 28, 2005, 01:55 PM »
i am taking a joyride from rochester down to johnson city on august 12th to see (Collective Soul). money has been tight this year and this is my first show of the year. i have missed out on some good ones,the allman brothers was one i hated to miss. but i did catch (Blues Traveler) back in february. who do you like and who have you seen?? Fargin

Lindz

• "Jo Jo Running"
Re: How do you rock!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 28, 2005, 02:27 PM »
Fargin, took my daughter to her first show 4 wks ago - Bob & Willie.  Thats about it for me.  Where is CS playing in JC?

Lindz
   &  Bass

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
« Reply #2 on: Jul 28, 2005, 02:34 PM »
hey fargin...
this year hasnt been as good as last year, but will saw some shows and got a few more to go to as well...
saw so far-  great white
                    allman bros.
                    oz fest
                    toby kieth

still going to see- zz top
                            styx & reo
                            motely crue
                            and i think lynyrd skynyrd is at the state fair so we might make it there as well!  

also, there is the free concerts at the canal in tonawanda... here is the link
http://www.canalconcerts.com/05shows.asp
we will be going there to see-  the guess who
                                                 eddie money
                                                 38 special
                                                 collective soul
where is johnson city? the only johnson city im familiar with is in tennesee! hope your not driving that far to see collective soul, when you could have just drove to tonawanda and the show is free!

flipstick

« Reply #3 on: Jul 28, 2005, 02:43 PM »
If CS is half as good as when I last saw them, you're in for a great concert.  I've wanted to see them again for a while, but my schedule never seems to allow me to when they're near by.  They're new cd sounds as good as when Ross Childress was with them, so hopefully the concert will be as well.  Oh, to answer your question, I'm a big classic rock fan.  I also like alot of the new rock like Creed, staind, coldplay, and my personal favorite, Collective Soul.  I'm still wishing I went to Toronto when CS and Creed were playing together. :(

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #4 on: Jul 28, 2005, 02:43 PM »
I was at the allman bros on sunday, fantastic show, one of the best i have ever seen.  they opened with jessica and closed with dreams, whipping post, then layla.  Amazing. simply amazing.  WOW.  I get goosebumps still thinking about that show.

anways, saw dark star orchestra last month, will be going to see a few more allmans shows hopefully, and try to catch ratdog when they come 'round.

flipstick

« Reply #5 on: Jul 28, 2005, 02:46 PM »
I forgot to add that I saw Dave Mathews this year.  In past years I've seen Neil Young, John Fogerty, CS, and the Greatful Dead, amongst others.

FarginIcehole

« Reply #6 on: Jul 28, 2005, 02:58 PM »
hey oak , did you wear your fire retardent suit to that great white show?? i plan on also seeng collective soul at the free show in buffalo in september. johnson city is right next to binghamton. Fargin

blaque

« Reply #7 on: Jul 28, 2005, 03:16 PM »
Over the years, Ive seen bands from the Likes of the Dixie Chicks all the way to Slayer, And my CD collection sports names from Andrea Boccelli to Hatebreed! LOL !! Im a music fan of ALL genres and formats! Music is Music........Lamb of God seems to be stuck in my CD player the most lately. Sounds like i might be a little heavy for this crowd lol!

OTIS

« Reply #8 on: Jul 28, 2005, 03:28 PM »
Toby Kieth at the state fair is the only show this year.  Man how things slow down once you have kids!
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #9 on: Jul 28, 2005, 04:57 PM »
Sounds like i might be a little heavy for this crowd lol!

nahh, i've got the entire megadeth collection, allong with quite a few local hardcore tracks, and some selected OLD metallica.  I'm one of those who likes it all too (except for rap  [unless it was pigpen on lovelight - GD fans know what i am talking about ;)])

FarginIcehole

« Reply #10 on: Jul 28, 2005, 05:30 PM »
never turn your back on the RIPPER!!!!  thats not a salmon snagging reference, but a judas priest reference. old school metal is better than anything out now. i do however like FUEL, TANTRIC AND CREED. and if your a punker from the 1980s check out the new BILLY IDOL CD. it is very good.  Fargin

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
« Reply #11 on: Jul 28, 2005, 10:41 PM »
hey oak , did you wear your fire retardent suit to that great white show?? i plan on also seeng collective soul at the free show in buffalo in september. johnson city is right next to binghamton. Fargin

we were all talking about that at the concert, couldnt remember where it happened. i thought jersey but i was wrong. after the first song they talked about it a little bit, and the had some kind of memorial video up by the t-shirts for sale. (it happened in maryland, i was wrong...lol) 
anyways, for a free show i thought they really kicked ass! i was really suprised, figuring they have been together for 27 yrs. god that made me feel old...lol  but they really have not lost a beat!

when i made my list, i also forgot about kansas... i believe they are playing at the state fair also! kansas is kind of special to my wife and i because when we lived in florida we got our first jobs at a bar... she was a waitress and i was the doorman/bouncer. well anyways, they had a house band there that played 4 nights a week. they played all 70's classics and drew a humongous crowd. but the cool thing was that weds and thurs nights they were called stormbringer, but on fridays and saturdays the name was steinhardt moon... robbie steinhardt from the band kansas (he was violin and vocals) joined the band and played a whole different collection of tunes from the 70's and alot of kansas tunes as well!  he lives in the orange blossom groves of clearwater florida, and is a really cool guy to know. the stories we all we told from the 70's were increadible and his passion is pinball...lol  so after the bar closed, him and all of us(the employees) would stay till dawn drinking, bs'ing and playing pinball. we all became really good friends, probably the only somewhat famous person i know and ever will...lol
anyways... he has left that band a  few years ago to do a reunion tour with kansas that hasnt stopped yet. 2 years ago we saw them at the canal concert series in tonawanda and he invited us up on stage and talked about how he knew us and whatnot... then we all partied after the show! fun, fun, fun!!!!

Fish-trap

« Reply #12 on: Aug 10, 2005, 11:12 AM »
I'm like Blaque. Lamb of God can bring it btw. I listen to alot of the new stuff that everyone seems to hate. No, I'm not referring to that emo crap, I mean Metal.  I like alot of Independent labels and such. But you guys aren't rocking untill you see what the cool kids like me are doing this summerhttp://www.hellfest.com/ 3 days of nothing but shows. Should be a blast.
Can't catch a fish without a line in the water....

FarginIcehole

« Reply #13 on: Aug 15, 2005, 09:25 AM »
well collective soul was excellent in johnson city friday night. so good that i want to go see them in toronto on08/27. but i am having trouble finding tickets online?? they will be playing the MOD CLUB in toronto,so hopefully i can find tickets online and get there .

flipstick

« Reply #14 on: Aug 15, 2005, 12:34 PM »
Glad to hear they still put on a good concert. :thumbup_smilie:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.