FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Eleven mile open for boating.  (Read 28157 times)

IceOsprey

Re: Eleven mile open for boating.
« Reply #30 on: Sep 27, 2015, 06:57 PM »
Ok ok ok I know it's been a while but I was hoping to turn it around this weekend but I could not. So I didn't go to the lake for like two weeks. OMG. I KNOW. Any way last week we went out took the neighbor and his boy, skunkola zip zero nada. So I didn't post. I had too much shame! Then today i took the boy out and we fished for four hours, trolled no bites, anchored and tossed bait no bites. I think I might put the boat away for the season and dream about ice fishing!!!

SLAYERFISH

« Reply #31 on: Sep 30, 2015, 04:24 PM »
Bumma!  11-mile is a cruel biotch! :D

IceOsprey

« Reply #32 on: Oct 10, 2015, 11:04 PM »
No fishing for me this weekend >:( I am on call for work!

IceOsprey

« Reply #33 on: Oct 31, 2015, 10:16 PM »
Last call! Went today windy rough and cold. Fished all morning nothing. Hauling in gear to call it a day and one tiny brown too small to trip the release. Heck yeah broke the skunk streak! Boat is going into storage. See you guys on Ice Shanty.

IceOsprey

« Reply #34 on: Apr 07, 2016, 07:05 AM »
CONDITIONS: ICE OFF UPDATE  04.06.16 Eleven Mile Reservoir opens to boating Thursday April 6. North Shore Ramp Only. Spinney Mountain State Park opens Friday April 8.

IceOsprey

« Reply #35 on: Apr 23, 2016, 08:12 PM »
I finally made it out to the mile today! This was a "will the boat do what it should trip". Added some seafoam then filled the tank with E free fuel. Headed to the lake, launched in some good wind and waves. Turned the key..... And yes it started for the first time this season!!! Impeller pump. Check . Parked. My boy and I motored around a bit trolled some. Hell we hardly marked any fish! No suprise 3 hours later no bites. The sonar was a little off to start with but got that going. So far this season as far as maintenance goes I need to get a hub dust cover and a new trailer 4 wire plug, d**n tit broke off one of em. Ohh overcast water temp 44.5 to 45.5 windy and waves, sun almost broke out and fish still hibernating.

IceOsprey

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2016, 11:20 PM »
Hit up the mile today! Started at spiny actually caught 3 browns. Left and went to the mile about noonish was windy but caught three rainbows and one pike. The biggest bow was 3lbs 8oz. Jointed rapala, rainbow color was the ticket today.

IceOsprey

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2016, 08:05 PM »
Was at the mile by 9:30 10:00 went out west landed 11 fish. Nothing big. But I took a co worker and his 7 year old girl. We had enough action to keep everybody happy. Little bit of wind but not much the bite got really hot around eleven then was dead by one. Same set up as last week.

SLAYERFISH

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2016, 09:03 AM »
Nice. Ill get down there in June perhaps.

IceOsprey

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2016, 09:11 PM »
Headed up to go fishing today! Busy busy busy!!! The no name tournament was going on. Couldn't find a parking spot in the lot and had to go to the overflow lot? :( Headed to the west end in about twenty foot of water, water temp is just under fifty three degrees. Ended up catching about seventeen fish, nothing that deserves a mention but it kept the two kids and us two adults entertained. Rapala, wiggle hoochie, dick nite, tasmainian devil, arnies dynamite, all seemed to entice a bite. Wind would come and go, mostly clear. The boats were thick out on the water also. The smoker will be going as soon as the brine sets in.  ;)

IceOsprey

« Reply #40 on: Jun 26, 2016, 08:00 PM »
Ok Ok Ok. I know it has been way too long since I have been fishing. Work, vacation, and more work. Next weekend I am on call so I lose one more opportunity for fishing. Ugh. Ok the report for today. Early start, for me anyway. On the water just before eight. Clear, calm, sunny. Water 64.4, set out my crawfish traps and then started trolling. Had two knock downs then one fish, cutbow. Orange arnies dynamite. Got a koke then slow slow slow. Threw every thing at them that was orange and pink nothing. Decided way too late to try a yellowish green needlefish. Two more trout. Then nothing. Put the dynomite back on to troll back to the traps and we picked up one more koke on a pink humpy needlefish. Too small to trip the release. All in all two kokes, three trout, and a few crawdads. Too early still for crawdads I guess. Left the lake about one.

IFF

« Reply #41 on: Jun 26, 2016, 08:59 PM »
Well at least you got out. working 50-70 hr. week with this Store Closing Sale, not much time left after Honey-Do list.
*¿*  Bud

IceOsprey

« Reply #42 on: Jul 10, 2016, 10:34 PM »
Today's report. Got out early between eight and nine. Calm clear warm water was about 68 deg. Set out the crawdad traps then trolled a little for some kokes, nothing so we went out to the west end for some trout. Picked up one on a pink humpy needlefish. Troll was slow so we anchored and tossed power bait. Caught one moved, caught another moved, by this time the wind had picked up enough to pull the anchor around so we moved to a leeward location and caught our fourth and final fish of the day. Checked the traps had about three to four pounds of mud bugs. Headed in about two. Read the report and I didn't find it to be superexellent but mabe it's just me.

Ohh and the weeds are floating around mucking it up a bit from middle of the lake to the west end.

IceOsprey

« Reply #43 on: Jul 15, 2016, 09:00 PM »
Report. Today I slept in and took my time. I got to the lake at 11:00 set my traps and started trolling. One knock down on a orange black spotted yellow winged tasmanian devil. And that's the whole report. Ohh and we got 5lbs of crawdads. I threw everything in my arsenal at them and they didn't want any of it. I did see one boat land one fish, and the guy at the marina said it was black and purple tube jigs today. Oh well I need to save up these skunks now so when the ice is ready I will not get skunked.

IceOsprey

« Reply #44 on: Jul 22, 2016, 07:47 PM »
Report: Got to the lake at nine rigged up and started trolling at nine thirty. Lake was calm sky was clear water was 66.7 degrees whole lake has some sort of algae suspended in the water. Not a single bite. Started down at thirty feet moved up to twenty five feet then to fifteen and ten then seven. Not sure what part of the water column the fish were hungry at but I didn't find them. So I went to my backup. Find some fish on the sonar in twenty something depth and toss power bait. Hour or so later nothing. Texted my wife no fish for dinner, not one minute after I sent the text my pole started tugging. Just the usual fair fourteen to just under sixteen size. My boy was ready to go so I said top of the hour and we will head out. Three minutes to one and the other pole starts to dip. Fish was putting up a decent fight, made me think it could be a pike. Halfway through the fight the second pole starts to shake. Landed the one. It ended up being a 4lb 2 oz cutbow. And the last one was same as the first. Pulled anchor headed in. The bite seems the be later in the day. Right at one o'clock is when the action started for us. Salmon peach and chunky cheese. West end.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.