FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Pontoon mods?  (Read 2883 times)

stripahstalker

Pontoon mods?
« on: Mar 14, 2016, 05:32 PM »
Getting ready for open water. I just bought a used bucks bag southfork. I'm looking for some tips on seat mods. My question is? What's an acceptable. Lift on the seat. I'll be fishing spinney rampart and 11 mile when it's not blown out. As well as the Catamount's. So mostly resiviors. Im planning on using a trolling motor exclusively. I see there's a lot of mods with 11-13 inch seat pedestals. I'm wondering if this is to high. The other option is a 7" and I wonder if this will be high enough. I believe it's a 9 ft pontoon. I'm still deciding if I'm going to install a small foot rest below the new seat and pedastal set up. Not for standing but to keep my feet out of the water. Anybody have any experience with seat mods on one man pontoons?

IFF

Re: Pontoon mods?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2016, 09:19 PM »
 ??? 28 readers and no reply's  ::)  Guess no one on here uses a toon  :unsure:
*¿*  Bud

boondox

« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2016, 09:32 PM »
??? 28 readers and no reply's  ::)  Guess no one on here uses a toon  :unsure:

I don't did not want to give bad info? casue center of gravity is changed on a toon when you use a longer seat post and did not want to steer him wrong is why... I looked cause of title but could not answer.. cause I don't own one or that toon I was thinking pontoon the big boat like a 19 foot pontoon is why I read the title to see if I could help lol's... hope some one can help him out! 

IceOsprey

« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2016, 10:30 PM »
I don't did not want to give bad info? casue center of gravity is changed on a toon when you use a longer seat post and did not want to steer him wrong is why... I looked cause of title but could not answer.. cause I don't own one or that toon I was thinking pontoon the big boat like a 19 foot pontoon is why I read the title to see if I could help lol's... hope some one can help him out! 

Ditto. Was thinking pontoon party boat not float tube toon.

stripahstalker

« Reply #4 on: Mar 19, 2016, 12:52 PM »
I get it. No one wants to give bad info and have me sink. I talked to some guys on a toon mod forum. I guess depends on body weight and size of toon. From what I'm hearing under a guy 200 pounds with a 8 or 9 ft toon can lift the seat 7 to 9 inches without issue. But moving the seat forward on an 8ft is a good idea to center weight distribution. Also moving battery forward under seat or in front of it can make a difference depending on battery size. Again this is for Stillwater ie. Lakes and resiviors not rivers.and high wind is a no go. I have also read that 11 to 13 inch seat lift is feasible on certain 9 fters and plenty of stability on 10to 12 ft. So. I'll prob go 8 to 10" on a 9 ft toon. I thought mine were 8 but when I measured they're 9. I'm very excited about modding the thing out. So many options and different people doing cool things to them. Even seen a video where a guy mounted a Scotty down rigger for a yak on his. This will be a necessity on mine as I'll be fishing rampart and catamount this summer.also sonar has advanced decades in a just few years. Down and side imaging is so affordable and compact now. Ill be going that route most likely.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.