FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: cranberry and long pond greece ny  (Read 11837 times)

steelie1975

Re: cranberry and long pond greece ny
« Reply #45 on: Jan 02, 2019, 05:05 PM »
just make sure not a trout stream
Steelieslayer

chrony59

« Reply #46 on: Jan 03, 2019, 06:20 AM »
what time of year? They are active year round so ...................... I believe they are in the nymph stage for a few years if I remember correctly  :o been out of school a few years now  ;)

chrony59

« Reply #47 on: Jan 03, 2019, 06:21 AM »
just make sure not a trout stream
Good point !

Mac Attack

« Reply #48 on: Jan 03, 2019, 07:45 AM »
They are active year round so ...................... I believe they are in the nymph stage for a few years if I remember correctly   been out of school a few years now 

A few years?!?!
wow.

OK - thanks.

These little bugs always worked great when I was a kid back in the early 60'.
I need to locate some and give them a try again.

skells23

« Reply #49 on: Jan 03, 2019, 06:30 PM »
Tried yesterday for a few hours pretty slow but caught a few both on niagras and plastic with spikes

johnrw

« Reply #50 on: Mar 22, 2019, 03:56 PM »
Is anyone fishing the ponds off shore?
TIA

2muchleft

« Reply #51 on: Mar 22, 2019, 05:09 PM »
Yes people are fishing from shore on both ponds.  Still some ice shifting around on each pond but should be gone soon.

yankmyline

« Reply #52 on: Mar 23, 2019, 02:11 PM »
I wondered if people own any of the shore on Cranberry along Edgemere Dr. On Google maps, it shows docks on the north shore.

steelie1975

« Reply #53 on: Mar 24, 2019, 10:53 PM »
there is a lot of private land around both ponds. no docks to launch persay. small lot at west end of cranberry. cant park on the road there, they do ticket. can park at long pond and walk back if need to be
Steelieslayer

JigNasty

« Reply #54 on: Mar 25, 2019, 03:34 PM »
Cranberry is much more strict than Long Pond.  Cannot park along Edgemere at all along Cranberry or you will be ticketed.  Saw the DEC patrolling for licenses and illegally parked cars yesterday (Sunday).  Wind was blowing pretty good, although there was one boat out in Long Pond toughing out the elements.  Didn't see too many people hauling anything in yet

yankmyline

« Reply #55 on: Mar 26, 2019, 08:34 AM »
I know you can't park along Edgemere Dr but I am talking about the docks on the north shore. Some of them have posted signs on them. Do people have the rights to post them.

LP Steve

« Reply #56 on: Mar 26, 2019, 08:42 AM »
Always wondered that myself. There is a dock that goes in at long pond on edgemere with a posted sign on it. Pretty sure that entire stretch is town property.
Where the docks are on cranberry some are suspect but some are on a maintained piece of property so may be private. Heading down after work today can't wait!

skinny40

« Reply #57 on: Mar 26, 2019, 09:27 AM »
If you buy one of those houses you have a choice to buy the rights to the water across the street. They do not own the land. They do own the rights to own and maintain a dock if they pay for it and yes they can have you arrested for trespassing on that land. Just like the erie canal and many other bodies of water. If you own the land across the street you can pay and build a dock there.

yankmyline

« Reply #58 on: Mar 26, 2019, 10:37 AM »
Thanks for the reply

JigNasty

« Reply #59 on: Mar 26, 2019, 10:38 AM »
There's also the risk of an insurance claim.  If the property owner has a dock (or deck platform) and someone gets hurt, the property owners probably don't want to deal with the possibility of being sued.
And of course the trash that gets left behind.  Take a ride down Edgemere along both ponds after a sunny day during the perch run. After 50+ vehicles have been parked there.  It's easy to find empty bait containers, crushed beer cans, cigarette butts, plastic bags, food wrappers, and tangled lines all along the shore.
I probably wouldn't want to deal with that either.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.