FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Rocky Mnt House Area Report - Late June  (Read 1085 times)

Koffee Kat

Rocky Mnt House Area Report - Late June
« on: Jun 23, 2008, 03:57 PM »
Yikes!  What can I say - I didn't catch a thing...  This doesn't mean there's nothing to catch, I just didn't have any luck.  Here's where I tried

Buster Creek - 2 spots
Cow Creek - 3 spots
Heifer Creek - 1 spot
Prairie Creek - 2 spots
Cow lake - 1 spot

Now at Buster (northwest of Crimson) I saw no activity in the creek, though found very good access & promising spots.  Just nothing there at the time.  Same for Cow Creek, though I missed a pretty huge brown (I imagine) that broke the surface & swam away about 6" from my fly.  Just pi**ed off.  Heifer was barely 3 feet wide, so waste of time.  At Prairie Creek (right near where it joins Clear Water R my friend got two good bites, but not enough bite to hook up.  Water was too murky to see any fish, though it looked good for ripe trout spots (lots of backwater, lots of log jams, things sticking out of the water). 

Finally Cow Lake...  LOTS of perch here & of decent size.  Saw people catching them off the dock at the campground.  Saw people lugging them back to there sites with nets full.  This doesn't mean I caught any though.  The dock was packed with people & I hate crowds.  Waded in the sandy bottom water a ways & gave it a go for about 20 minutes, but just too much noise & people & boats pumping techno & tubing all around creation for me to relax & fish.  I also wanted to have a beer but there were conservation officers all over the place.  I'd like to get a boat in the water here & try again.  Even better, i'd like to hit Cow for some hard ice.  I saw people with 11" perch in there nets that were caught OFF SHORE (probably the dock)!  My friend saw a pathetic excuse for a pike in the lake.  Saw no rainbows jumping anywhere.  Again, worth a shot any day but SATURDAY!  Worth hitting with a boat.  You can wade way out cause the bottom is sandy (which you have to do since it's very shallow.  Worth hitting come winter.  That's about it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.