FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Great Sacandaga 2021  (Read 106827 times)

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
Re: Great Sacandaga 2020
« Reply #180 on: Jun 18, 2020, 06:41 AM »
Fished yesterday but no catching. Water temp 65 when I went out and warmed to 70. Saw bait at the launch for the first time and lots of bait balls out in the lake. Some had marks in them but were at different depths. With this up-coming warm (HOT) weather things should really improve....h2l

PeterCos

« Reply #181 on: Jun 18, 2020, 10:34 AM »
Thank you all for the info-- next year and this ice fishing season  I plan on fishing Sacandaga a fair amount.  From what I have gathered
spots that should produce are around Sinclair point, Batchellerville bridge area and Scout Island. Another point of interest for me especially through the ice due to its fairly easy access is Across from Sport Island Pub.  All for walleye mostly, please let me know if this is accurate or should I reevaluate.

piscesman

« Reply #182 on: Jun 22, 2020, 07:43 PM »
You can do all the research and crunch the numbers but NOTHING will equal the time out there. You have good starting points but must dial it in. Trolling on top or further down?? Drifting with bobbers or off the bottom?? Live over artificial?? Wind direction or trolling with motor?? Hit or Miss and take notes. For myself toward the dam NO FISH ARE WHERE they should be this time of year. Trying to figure it out but slow..... Good Luck and be patient.
      Kim :wacko: :whistling: :thumbup_smilie: :flag:
While searching for the meaning of life an older gentleman showed me how to fish. Since then I FOUND IT!!!!!!
      author unknown

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #183 on: Jun 23, 2020, 04:54 AM »
Looks like a break from the hot weather. May plan a trip Wed. or Thursday to get back into the swing of things. Would like to launch at Day one of these days but it can be a pain if the wind is blowing. I haven't fished down that way in years. A friend usually fishes Father's Day with his son but I haven't heard from him. If they went out this past Sunday they earned every fish they caught....h2l

PeterCos

« Reply #184 on: Jun 23, 2020, 09:48 AM »
Thanks Piecesman.  i am kind of an old school guy in my approach but I do  get you.  What I mean by that is finding a good area and usually running around the bottom and then from there till around 18 to three or feet up. Jigs , crawler harness, some plugs if they are aggressive all drifted or trolled as slow as possible. And off course patients.  Generally the same through the ice, minnows and suckers in that same sounding
range. of course structure and well known marked points are great because they should produce regularly. Just one point of interest is the mention of an old mill that was flooded in the creation of the res. Always holding. Thanks and I will mark it if I can find it. Generally across from Scout Island Pub if not mistaken. Any way thanks and will try Conklin when given the chance.  Meanwhile, thanks for the info, tight lines and watch out for those stinking tourists. LOL

piscesman

« Reply #185 on: Jun 24, 2020, 05:53 PM »
If you launch off Town of Day Boat Launch there are "pockets" between risers that should hold walleyes slightly towards the dam. If not go toward the dam and before you turn "right" go to the left. Sandy bottom coming from deep down. TOO far for me in my 12' 6hp boat. Many good places there, just need a "map". Good Luck...……
      Kim :thumbup_smilie: :flag:
While searching for the meaning of life an older gentleman showed me how to fish. Since then I FOUND IT!!!!!!
      author unknown

PeterCos

« Reply #186 on: Jun 25, 2020, 06:50 AM »
Thanks again Pisecesman.  I know the feeling about having a smaller boat. Ran the same rig myself. I am going to have a more substantial boat on the water next season and would like to take you aboard in appreciation, so stay in touch. For some reason having trouble setting up
private messages but will let you know when I have. Again thanks a lot, most people are not as forthcoming about good fishing spots. Good luck and will be getting ready on this end.

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #187 on: Jun 26, 2020, 06:13 AM »
PeterCos, I believe you need 5 post before you can use PM.
I fished yesterday. Water temp has warmed to 77 degrees. Caught 3 walleyes right off the bat, then some hits that I missed, then nothing. Starting to see more bait balls on the breaks. Also, early in the morning, before the wind came up there were a lot of minnows on the surface. Did I mention the WIND? Late morning until about 2 it got pretty breezy. Then it died down somewhat but kept changing direction. Saw my cousin out there, he trolls most of the time and was heading in because of the wind. Saw a friend at the launch and he said the bass fishing has been very good. He showed me a picture of a 3lb9oz SM from yesterday. He also had a picture of a 10" sunfish. I haven't seen a sunfish in years....h2l

PeterCos

« Reply #188 on: Jun 26, 2020, 11:52 AM »
You are right Hunts but now I do have access so will PM if anything new happens bur for now nothing. Thanks

iceman260

« Reply #189 on: Jul 03, 2020, 07:37 AM »
Fished sacandaga last evening from 4pm till 9pm not a single walleye did get one nice perch. Marked lot of fish and bait tried jigging and crawler harnesses no hits Dead Sea strikes again. Going to Onieda next time.

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #190 on: Jul 03, 2020, 08:15 AM »
I went out at 6am yesterday. Caught one 17" walleye right off the bat and very few hits after that. Lots of bait and fish on them but they are at all depths. Starting see more bait on the breaks so things should start to change for us jiggers. It has been a tough year so far for me. Not fond of the hot weather and we could sure use a day or two of rain. Water temp yesterday was 74*. Believe me, "it's going to get better". Most of the walleyes have been over 15 inches so that is a good thing. Good Luck....h2l

piscesman

« Reply #191 on: Jul 08, 2020, 05:22 PM »
Returned from the 4th weekend with good results. 6 Walleyes and 1 short. 1 eaten and 4 in the freezer. They are starting to stack down my way. Seeing consistent schools where they should be. Nothing over 18" but that's OK. Good eaters. Most caught on Leeches which I purchased early and keeping alive.
Hope this helps....................
      Kim :flag: :thumbup_smilie:
      author unknown

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #192 on: Jul 08, 2020, 05:28 PM »
Glad to see the dead sea isnt so dead.
 ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

jaconwall

« Reply #193 on: Jul 09, 2020, 06:21 AM »
Returned from the 4th weekend with good results. 6 Walleyes and 1 short. 1 eaten and 4 in the freezer. They are starting to stack down my way. Seeing consistent schools where they should be. Nothing over 18" but that's OK. Good eaters. Most caught on Leeches which I purchased early and keeping alive.
Hope this helps....................
      Kim :flag: :thumbup_smilie:

Good to hear!  What area of the lake were you having success in?  Trolling the leeches on a spinner rig?

I am still new to this lake, and this method of fishing for suspending fish and any help would be appreciated.  I'm afraid my 8 year old son and my 74 year old father are going to attempt a mutiny the next time we go fishing if we get skunked again!

Jcoup

« Reply #194 on: Jul 10, 2020, 10:43 AM »
Fished this morning early for a couple hours with my son.  Caught 8 shorts, trolling worm harnesses.  Saw good amount of fish marks in the 20-25 suspended.  Going to try a suspended program next time hopefully catch a few over 15 inches. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.