FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: This Weeks Race  (Read 9050 times)

archbishop

Re: This Weeks Race
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2005, 07:19 AM »
well guys instead of starting new threads every week ill just ask my question in here, who does everyone think is going to win the coca-cola 600? my answer is as always im going with the 24 those hendrick cars were real strong last weekend finishing 3,4,&5 so i think they will be strong again this week and gordon and johnson lead active drivers with 3 wins apiece there johnson winning 3 out of the last 4 on his sponsors track

beerman

• mmmm..........Beer!!
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2005, 05:11 PM »
I think Rusty. Only b/c he is due for a win this season. If not him i say Marlin i think it will be an old timers weekend!  Does anyone know if anyone is pulling the double this weekend, Indy & the 600??
I'll have a double Jack and Coke!!

MikeVT

• Wishin I was Fishin!!!
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2005, 11:35 AM »
I don't think anyone is pulling the double.  The only two who usually did it were Stewart and Robbie Gordon.  I think that Stewart got too much pressure from his sponsors and Gibbs and was told to focus on the 600, and I don't think Robbie will even qualify for the 600.

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2005, 05:25 PM »
I am going with the M&M car, talk about someone being due. This guy is on a real quiet TEAR. He has only had 2 races out of the top 12, look out Hendrick boys. BTW, my 16th pick yeilded me Kyle Busch, best powerplant available for the 16th slot. Rusty has won here, but I think they were racing Hoosier tires in those days. Not that Rusty would put on Hoosiers, but what a year that was. LOL, I digress. I like the old timer feel of the track and the long race this one is. Have to watch out for guys that have chronic engine problems, (Roush guys).

Mike

archbishop

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2005, 10:08 PM »
well it wassnt a great one for #24 but hendrick had the best cars all 5 lead and great for #48 3 in a row first time ever done there i think hendrick would have finish 1,2,3,4,5 if it wassnt for rookie mistakes (#5 running to hard and #25 thinking you can bump draft there) and jr's big head (taking out his teamate and labonte) but thats racing and it was an awsome finish gotta love those close ones

what happened to the old timers weekend and sadler? ;D rusty walked away with a nice top 10 though that should please all you rusty fans

also how does a track fall apart and come up and hit the same drivers car 2 years in a row (at different tracks)

BOOB

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2005, 10:28 PM »
That was a long winded Bristol. I loved it. What a finish nice move by Johnson. As far as the track coming up and hitting gorden didn't happen . That came from people in the stands throwing rocks !!!!  ;D ;D ;D

beerman

• mmmm..........Beer!!
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2005, 07:03 AM »

what happened to the old timers weekend and sadler?  rusty walked away with a nice top 10 though that should please all you rusty fans

Maybe they were a little too old!

Good job by the Hendrick team they really did have awesome cars.  Just glad 48 won and not 24.
I'll have a double Jack and Coke!!

archbishop

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2005, 09:16 AM »
well the funny thing is how racing goes the 48 was probably the worst of the main 4 hendrick cars and he won if all of them stayed in busch was the best car all day then #25 #24 then #48 but #48 won it thats why they race but busch and vickers got to ansy with there fast cars too bad they had to take gordon with them and im just glad finally jr is gettin in deep his uncle said he will be fixed one way or the other by monday lol and jr has the nerve to say i dont understand why the over reaction i didnt do anything wrong

as for the rocks lol fans probably got there early and boobytraped it somehow for gordon all the hatred and jealousy for gordon just confirms hes the best  ;D

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #23 on: Jun 03, 2005, 09:04 PM »
Going to the race Sunday
Can't wait
Go Rusty
Picked Biffle in fantasy
Watch out for Labonte

Mike

archbishop

« Reply #24 on: Jun 04, 2005, 12:43 AM »
man i envy you mike have a great time and we all expect a good report and with the rain it looks like your fantasy man will be outside pole good luck you know who im rooting for though go #24 ;D 4 wins 12 top 5's and 16 top 10's in 24 races there looking good for my man ;D

hey i just seen you are from PA, where abouts im on the NY border just north of bradford also i may be going to pocono for the july race its my birthday weekend and my wife has family that works there for the race

archbishop

« Reply #25 on: Jun 10, 2005, 02:23 PM »
i cant get on nascar.com but i hear rusty got the pole?
looks like its gonna be a great race 8)

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #26 on: Jun 11, 2005, 01:41 PM »
I have not been hearing good things about the upcoming race; no power, no passing, have to be perfect off 3. Your information was incorrect, Waltrip got the pole, interesting. Rusty was 12th, JJ was 21st, and Flash was 31st. This one should be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Mike

archbishop

« Reply #27 on: Jun 12, 2005, 11:06 AM »
like i said i just heard from someone i didnt have any reliable source to go on and havnt been around much so i dont know anything about the race this week but it will start in around an hour and i guess i will find out then ???

grumpymoe

« Reply #28 on: Jun 12, 2005, 11:46 AM »
This is one race I never seem to get excited about.....likely due to the long greenflag runs and the cars getting too spaced apart....pretty hard to go a lap down here unless you tap the wall.....is ANYONE shifting today???....running a lower gear and lagging off the turns might play out different today....watch for brakes to be the biggest issue......whoever looks after them might be around near the end to make it interesting....Grump

archbishop

« Reply #29 on: Jun 13, 2005, 07:41 AM »
This is one race I never seem to get excited about.....likely due to the long greenflag runs and the cars getting too spaced apart

you called it grump it was a long dragged out race with lots of flat tires man if it wassnt for the tire problems there would probably be a record low cautions and oddly enough brake issues didnt really seem to come up other than in discussion but my man, #24 had a good race started 43rd and finished 9th, finally finished lol, but the 4 hendrick cars were in the top 10 and t. labonte just missed the top 10 but all in all it was a decent race 8)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.