FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: "Excuse me but do you have any Yamamoto Worms"  (Read 3564 times)

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
"Excuse me but do you have any Yamamoto Worms"
« on: Jul 09, 2006, 01:04 PM »
I had to share this story because I found it kinda of funny,

I dont know about you guys/gals, but I can often be found walking the aisles of a local tackle shop during my lunches and breaks at work. Im not always buying, but just checking in and listening to the local BS.

Well last week while stopping in I listened as a man and women approach the Tackle shop  clerk, they wanted to know where to find some Gary Yamamoto Senko's. The Clerk explained that they didnt carry that Brand but he could show them to a wall of Senkos made by various Companies that were half the price of the coveted Yammy's.

The Couple refused to look at anything else,  They love there Yammy's and were willing to drive 40 minutes to the only shop in the area that carries Yamamoto baits. It was funny to watch as the clerk explained that many of the colours he carried were the same (if not really similar to Yamamoto). They still refused, and said they were not willing to try anything else other then Yamamoto Baits. They claimed that they witnessed  fish  turning up there noses at everything except Gary's Senko's

The Clerk gave in, and gave them the name and directions to other dealer would could sell them the Yammy's. As soon as they left he came back over to me shaking his head, he said it happens often enough,( mostly people from outside the area). The baits on his wall were by decent, reputable brands, WAVE WORMS, YUM, ect. and at portions of the prices you pay for Yammy's and in similar colours and patterns...At the time of this discussion you could buy 3 packs of Wave Senko's for the price of one Yamamoto pack.

So what has kept people paying the big bucks for the original Senko?

cdc

Re: "Excuse me but do you have any Yamamoto Worms"
« Reply #1 on: Jul 09, 2006, 01:18 PM »
Well now...I will tell you that is all I use for senkos. I try to find deals on ebay when I can. When I run out and need them I will spend the $6.50 to $7.00 bucks for one bag. When I buy them its usally 3 bags at a time...On a good day of bass fishing I will go through a bag or two..
 In fact I am taking a guy out fishing from work this week and I told him to get a bag or two..cause he is going to need them...
 P.S. I wold like to try those Niffken "shanty sticks"  They look nice and they are a great price.

daffydone

« Reply #2 on: Jul 09, 2006, 01:32 PM »
I know this sounds strange, but I am the same way about my sluggos, they work great for me! I can't hardly find them anymore, and I won't settle for any imitation. I have caught some of my biggest bass on them.
 you know what they say, go with what works!

Niffken

• Tournament Plastic Baits Niffken.com
« Reply #3 on: Jul 09, 2006, 02:05 PM »
To get some better action from some of the off brands you need to stretch the worm before using it . There is no need on my 5" shanty sticks.  My baits work, :D got this the other day during a cold front here in NJ.  I was using my creature tubes (crawdad) on a 3/4 oz jig head.  You can see the bag on my deck and its also on my line.  I was jigging in 20-40 ft of water.

I will see if I can get some video of my shanty sticks sinking in my fish tank. 
Some People are like slinkies... they are not really good for anything, but... they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

billybono

• just passin time till first ice!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Jul 09, 2006, 02:26 PM »

So what has kept people paying the big bucks for the original Senko?

corprate brainwashing  ;) its funny because the citgo bassmasters are near me this weekend, and in the paper they described it as nascar on the water. i couldent have said it better myself  :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

billybono

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms isn't just a government agency...
It's one heck of a party!!

www.myspace.com/billybono

flockshot

• the official "shirt" of MIRC
« Reply #5 on: Jul 10, 2006, 07:34 AM »
given the choice i will use yamamoto senkos over anything else...there is a difference in action...but...that being said..i will use any sinko type worm at anytime. and would never drive 40 mins or be pig headed enough to not look at the other sinkos...i am a big fan of the yum dingers as well.
team MI!!! MIRC CHAPTER MEMBER
"Rockbass are great..but the meats a little soft."

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
« Reply #6 on: Jul 10, 2006, 08:56 AM »
I used to be a "Yammyholic," turning my nose up at all other senko type baits.  I tried another brand on a whim because they were much cheaper.  It was an online order from a smaller bait company and I decided to order one pack their senko version along with my normal order from them. 

Now I only use their bait.  It has the same action as a senko, costs half as much, and lasts twice as long.  I don't believe that exact colors are that important so that's not an issue for me.  I hated how easily the senkos were destroyed, so these baits are a pleasure to fish.
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

High Chancellor of WIRC and Provost of Potent Potable Procurement

devil-man

« Reply #7 on: Jul 10, 2006, 10:21 AM »
corprate brainwashing

Maybe. But history and publicity...
Senkos broke open the market (again) and let's face it- They catch bass!
I always order some in the Spring and only have a few bags left.

I have tried a lot of others...
Niffken- I'll be placing an order soon.

8)

tbtool

• Its hard being this addicted to fishing
« Reply #8 on: Jul 10, 2006, 10:58 AM »
Either way if you use the original or the other brands, there is a way to save your baits, so they last 3 times as long.  Buy some shrink tubing the approx size, in clear and put it over the worm where your hook is going to be.  Then put your hook through the tubing and the worm.  That way it puts all the stress on the tubing and not the worm.  They will last atleast 3 times longer. 
Tight lines

Todd

Niffken

• Tournament Plastic Baits Niffken.com
« Reply #9 on: Jul 10, 2006, 11:48 AM »
Maybe. But history and publicity...
Senkos broke open the market (again) and let's face it- They catch bass!
I always order some in the Spring and only have a few bags left.

8)

I spoke with lone wolf and we are putting together a special deal for MMF members.  Should be posted today or tomorrow. 8) 8) 8)
Some People are like slinkies... they are not really good for anything, but... they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
« Reply #10 on: Jul 10, 2006, 11:51 AM »
I spoke with lone wolf and we are putting together a special deal for MMF members.  Should be posted today or tomorrow. 8) 8) 8)

I'd be thrilled to give your baits a shot.  I'll be waiting for the post.
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

High Chancellor of WIRC and Provost of Potent Potable Procurement

Grimace

« Reply #11 on: Jul 10, 2006, 11:54 AM »
Great Idea Niffken.

and thanks for the idea tbtool.  never heard that before but it sounds sound :) :)

Pikeguy

« Reply #12 on: Jul 10, 2006, 12:21 PM »
I'd be thrilled to give your baits a shot.  I'll be waiting for the post.

I have some coming from last weeks drawing and I'm looking forward to trying them out. I've never really fished that style bait, but have heard great things...and the shanty sticks look top notch  ;)

billybono

• just passin time till first ice!!!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: Jul 10, 2006, 04:07 PM »

8)

right on brother  ;D

id much rather spend money with a supporter and most of all a contributer of this forum.......EXCPECIALY knowing its made in the usa(which im assuming it is ;) )

billybono

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms isn't just a government agency...
It's one heck of a party!!

www.myspace.com/billybono

Kyle

« Reply #14 on: Jul 10, 2006, 04:27 PM »
its funny because the citgo bassmasters are near me this weekend, and in the paper they described it as nascar on the water. i couldent have said it better myself  :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

billybono

LMFAO LMFAO
sooooooooo true lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.