FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: vexilar flashers  (Read 7038 times)

adkbrookie

Re: vexilar flashers
« Reply #15 on: Aug 30, 2006, 10:53 PM »
Marcum lx-5 is $480 through Cabela's

it's about the same from thorne bros except w/ no shipping. i'll call jeff at 307 tomarrow to make sure that they don't have one in stock. thanks again fishinking for telling me which one is the best. sounds just about as perfect as a flasher could get to me.

keny

• I like it wet
« Reply #16 on: Aug 31, 2006, 02:16 AM »
Never even seen a marcum but my fl-18 ultra with dual beam works good, hope the marcum works out for you.  Let us know. I mainly use mine for ice fishing but I`m still open to hear whats working as I like to upgrade often.

CNY Farmer

« Reply #17 on: Aug 31, 2006, 07:38 AM »
I'm thinking about the Marcum. Does anybody know if  there would be interfence issues if I was fishing around a vex ???
I'd rather be fishing instead of milking!!!!

adkbrookie

« Reply #18 on: Aug 31, 2006, 09:51 AM »
are you sure of the 160 ft. limit on the marcum ???? i could not find that or any number for the marcum lx-5. :-\ they may have conviently forgotten to post that number.

Bean

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #19 on: Aug 31, 2006, 10:24 AM »
are you sure of the 160 ft. limit on the marcum ???? i could not find that or any number for the marcum lx-5. :-\ they may have conviently forgotten to post that number.

160 feet is the limit for the Marcum's. I called them last year about this. 

Here's some reading for you on the LX-5-->  LX-5 Review
Ken A.

CNY Farmer

« Reply #20 on: Aug 31, 2006, 12:15 PM »
Marcum lx-5 is $480 through Cabela's

I just pulled the trigger on the LX-5  $455.99 thru Thorne Bros. ;D

aquaman

• I,ll be home before dark. ( yeah right)
« Reply #21 on: Aug 31, 2006, 12:56 PM »
I'm thinking about the Marcum. Does anybody know if  there would be interfence issues if I was fishing around a vex ???
Marcums have interference settings to block nearby units.Works great. nearby vex's aren't a problem.
I remember EVERY TIME I fished or hunted. The REST of the time I...uh...um..... musta been doing something else that didnt matter.

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #22 on: Aug 31, 2006, 05:47 PM »
I just pulled the trigger on the LX-5  $455.99 thru Thorne Bros. ;D

you wont be dissapointed...congrats!!

slipbob you know them bottom huggers aint hungry  ;)  :D
Scotty 

CNY Farmer

« Reply #23 on: Aug 31, 2006, 06:38 PM »
you wont be dissapointed...congrats!!

slipbob you know them bottom huggers aint hungry  ;)  :D

Thanks 8) My cousin  has a FL-8 Genz pack  Thats why I was wondering about interfence

Fishingking

« Reply #24 on: Aug 31, 2006, 08:20 PM »
Shoot I forgot about the 160 ft  max now i remember why I havent gotten one yet :)
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

adkbrookie

« Reply #25 on: Aug 31, 2006, 09:57 PM »
yep, the marcum only goes to 160. :'( :'( would be the perfect thing otherwise. looks like i'll be ending up w/ the fl-20. why couldn't they add another 40 ft ???

i noticed in lonewolf's review of the marcum that he said that he had noticed a delay with the vexilar but not with the marcum. has anyone else noticed this ???

fishincrazy

« Reply #26 on: Aug 31, 2006, 10:00 PM »
Nope i have never noticed a delay with my vex and i have had it over 3 years now

fiddlehead322

« Reply #27 on: Sep 01, 2006, 05:49 PM »
Good question Farmer. Going crappie fishing in the morn with Billditrite, and Left Handed Model. Billdit has a marcum and I have a vex. Opposing ends of canoe. I will let you know what we come up with.  Rich

Fishingking

« Reply #28 on: Sep 01, 2006, 06:35 PM »
Yeah, who's "behind the times" now ;)  Seriously though, just buy the LX-5 and use it when you're not fishing so deep.  With all the money you're saving by driving your new truck you can afford both :laugh:  I'm considering getting one to see if I like it and if not it will be my "backup" flasher! 

Yeah i get a whole 5 mpg more with the new truck I did the math and its still gonna cost me just as much to drive this new truck as it did to drive the old 1978 green machine lol

i still may pick up a marcum this winter then ill have a backup incase I bring Company :)  but i also wantta get a clam pro for those solo trips
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

CNY Farmer

« Reply #29 on: Sep 01, 2006, 06:47 PM »
Good question Farmer. Going crappie fishing in the morn with Billditrite, and Left Handed Model. Billdit has a marcum and I have a vex. Opposing ends of canoe. I will let you know what we come up with.  Rich

Ok, Some others have said there is no problem so let us know what happens..
Hope you catch some big ones ;) 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.