FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Switching from Nextel to Sprint  (Read 979 times)

Reel Wet Ride

• Team Michigan
Switching from Nextel to Sprint
« on: Jul 14, 2007, 03:49 PM »
So I recently got an offer from Nextel/Sprint for a new Samsung UpStage for $99.99 as part of some preferred member thing they send me in the mail because I've been with them for 7 years now.  My nextel was falling apart and it was time that I got a new phone with all the new gadgets, Camera, MP3, ect. So opt to get it. I call the number on the paper, the guy tells me yup, you'll get the phone in a few days, I'll take care of the rebate, there will be a $15.00 transfer fee from Nextel to Sprint and do I agree to enter a contract with Sprint. Yes. Sounds great. I'll get my new phone, should be an easy transfer if the companys are basically the same.......WRONG!!!

I just got online today to look at my bill, $142.09 for the phone, a $75.00 Data & Third Party Charge????, and my standard rate plan of $38.69, plus all their BS charges and taxes that are crap. So I want to know what the $75 is for, why am I being charged $142 for my phone not $99.99. Why does Sprint make me wait 35 min on hold just to have someone who can't anwser any of my questions pick up the phone. "I've never seen a bill like this before in my life." "Maybe you're still in contract with Nextel" "I don't know how to help you sir"

GIVE ME A BREAK. As I'm typing I'm on hold with whomever I'm getting transfered to now that can't or won't help me. Its been an hour!

Everything with Nextel was great, no bililng issues...ever!, Always helped when I called, always had good service.....THIS IS JUST CRAP!

If any of you have had something similiar to this happen to you, write about it on this thread. I need a new job anyway, maybe I'll be the guy that helps guys like me take care of this crap.

>:( >:( >:(Just got off the phone w/ no results...total time  1 Hr 19 min. >:( >:( >:(

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
Re: Switching from Nextel to Sprint
« Reply #1 on: Jul 14, 2007, 04:35 PM »
I loved Nextel until sprint took over. >:(

Crappy service indeed! ::)

I dumped them when my phone stoped working at home. :cursing:

Never ever again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
« Reply #2 on: Jul 14, 2007, 04:46 PM »
I ended my buiness with sprint 2 years ago after being with then for 4years and went to Verizon, all I can say is its a NIGHT and DAY difference. Better and cheaper.
We were biting this morning, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning......

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #3 on: Jul 15, 2007, 11:25 AM »
My first phone was a Sprint, I got it in 2000 and had it for less than a year. To this day i will still call that bit of business with them the worst I have ever been treated by anyone, including my ex-wife. ;D  The phones were junk and never worked right, and they would give me a loaner with a different number to use while they fixed it. Once, I was without my phone for a week while a tech "looked at it". ::)

Billing was a whole new set of problems. Every month when the bill came I could count on sitting on the phone for at least an hour to argue to a bunch of bogus charges. Their customer service agents were uninterested in helping, and I could be transfered a dozen times every time I called. I got so sick of these hunyuks and their garbage service so I finally pulled the plug and paid their disco fee. >:(

I had AT&T for a while after that, they did a very good job. My boss urged me to switch to Nextel so we could direct connect for free instead of paying air time. Nextel was fantastic for a long time, customer service was good and the coverage was great until Sprint took over :evil:

I swear they turned the power down as soon as they took over because my phone that worked everywhere suddenly worked nowhere. I could count on the call dropping at least once before I was finished with my conversation and when I called to report the problem I found out that customer service was a thing of the past.

When I couldn't keep a call connected for more than a few minutes in St. Paul (the core of the Twin Cities), I decided to disconnect. I called Nextel and they told me that I was in a poor service zone (Twin Cities?) an I qualified for a Hybrid phone that used both networks. When I received the phones in the mail, I called to activate them. A customer service rep told me that they couldn't get the hybrid phones to work in Minnesota an I should sent them back to sprint (they made me pay postage). After this I pulled the pin. I thought they were stepping up when they told me they weren't going to charge me a disco fee, but when I got the bill there was a $400 fee on there for disconnect and they refused to remove it. On that same bill I was being charged for those hybrid phones so I called them back and they said they never received the phones and that I had to pay for them :cursing: I finally had to call FedEx to get a copy of the invoice to prove to them that they DID receive the phones back and someone from their company signed for them. ::) It took two more months to get this bill square enough for me to pay it, and I still payed for the disconnect fee!

All in all, Sprint is the most worthless company I have ever dealt with and they should be ashamed of themselves. :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

I usualy dont post on rant threads or rant myself, but I take any oppertunity I can to prevent others the misfortune I had with this company. :(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.