FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 5 wolves killed  (Read 21294 times)

DeepFried

Re: 5 wolves killed
« Reply #105 on: Apr 18, 2008, 11:44 PM »
It was titled Pinedale Area?  Someday I would like a have a rug from one of those! Castaway Man

er-e-is

« Reply #106 on: Apr 19, 2008, 09:20 AM »
When I started this thread and the "Boycott Wyoming", which has been locked, I had no idea how out of control they were going to get. We all need to step back and rethink our comments. I apologize if I said anything that offended anyone. That was not my intentions. The truth is, the wolf population is getting out of control. It is affecting the game populations and the ranchers lives. Trust me, I do not want the wolves killed off to extinction, I don't think any of us do. I have seen them in Yellowstone and have seen them whild hunting here in Sublette Co. It is exciting, believe me. They are a magnificent animal and a very formidable predator.
The fact that a few people have chosed to display their trophy's, well thats up to them. I would love to harvest one now that it is totaly legal! My choice.

It was the USFWS that did the study's and decided it was time to delist the wolves, it was the Wyoming Government that, rightfully so, set the boundrys and regulations on how to control the rising wolf population. It was the USFWS that approved said plan. The delisting and management plan has been going on for years. I commend Gov. Freudenthal for not backing down on the management plan.
A few points that some people are missing is that the USFWS killed 60 wolves in Wyoming last year in their efforts to control the wolf problem.

http://www.pinedaleonline.com/news/2008/01/Confirmedwolfpredati.htm

Another thing for people to realize is that from 1995 thru 2005 the USFWS killed 396 wolves in control actions in the northern rockies.

http://www.pinedaleonline.com/wolf/wolfcontrol.htm

From 2006 - 2007 the Wyoming wolf population increased from 311 to 359 a 15% increase.

http://www.pinedaleonline.com/wolf/pdf/WY-YNP2007AnnualFinalReport3-8-08.pdf

The bottom line is that, most people that come here are sportsman that love the outdoors and to hunt and fish. I moved to Wyoming 27 yrs. ago for just that reason. The arguing, name calling, finger pointing, etc. is just what the anti's want. Trust me they are watching us here. We have to stand together or divided we will fall. God Bless.

PS. Coming Soon "Grizzly Bear De-Listing"  ;D

MrMarty51

« Reply #107 on: Apr 19, 2008, 09:33 AM »
these two people look as stupid as 2 iraqi's holding 2 american soldiers and no wonder they hate America. next im sure you will be dragging them down the street. As a sportsman dont include me in your way of thinking. you give us all a bad names and an exscuse to be attacked by those so called anti's
Well then maby Saugeur,You should quit fishing and taking pics. of the fish You catch to display for everyone to see. ???
I think the pics displayed of the wolves that were taken in a "LEGAL" hunt were very appropiatelly displayed,No different than You displaying pics of fish that You have caught and proudly displayed for the world to see.
I would be VERY happy to "kill" and display a wolf of that size and Yes get a rug or some moccasins made of the hide.
I also think that Your statement about the Iraquis and the American soldiers was VERY INAPPROPIATE.... but thats just My 02 worth. :cursing:

"Every hour a person spends fishing is not taken from their lives"
                   Quote from Grant Boyson

troutchaser

« Reply #108 on: Apr 19, 2008, 09:46 AM »
Man, I been gone for awhile and was I amazed when I logged on.  All I got to say is "If a fellow sportsman is doing something legal and just to him or her let them be".  Standing together is the only way to stop the anti's. And who knows, just maybe there's an ANTI on here to stir us sportsmans up.  Just like guys who perfer a fly instead of a guy who perfers a worm (me) have to agree and get along.  They want to divide us and that's how they'll put an end to all fishing and hunting. 

We'll these dudes "Fellow American Hunter's " had a successful day!  They just saved 60 Elk for the next year!  Castaway Man

maybe this should be put on the hunting site ay

LT

• Retired MFF Mod
  • "A larger flame-thrower, you will need."
« Reply #109 on: Apr 19, 2008, 09:50 AM »
I, the proud Father of a career Marine Corps Gunny also agree...very inappropraite comparison...my soldier-son = a wolf?? No, I don't think so, for the life of me I don't understand why you and several others of your ilk can't find more appropraite words to express yourselves, i.e. "I found the pics of the hunters and wolves in poor taste."  :nono: :police:

LT

• Retired MFF Mod
  • "A larger flame-thrower, you will need."
« Reply #110 on: Apr 19, 2008, 09:58 AM »
     maybe this should be put on the hunting site ay
When it bleeds into a political issue maybe it should just be locked and forgotten  ??? i.e. "No wonder the Iraqi's hate us." C'mon. Thread locked or not, I'm outta here, thanks er-e-is for starting the thread and for your insightful, intelligent and accurate comments of today, some apologies are certainly in order, but not by you, see you on MFF and MHF brother, Don  8)

HIMO

• MFF Mod Team
  • Goatboy's- Wisconsin chapter "1st Wisconsin goat"
« Reply #111 on: Apr 19, 2008, 11:30 AM »
the comment about our boy's in uniform was the last straw. this thread is locked and any further comments like that will be sent to the Moderators site for a decision by the administrator as to a permanent ban from the site. case closed have a good day.

HIMO
                                            Wyoming Moderator
"IT'S NOT HOW DEEP YOU FISH, IT'S HOW YOU WIGGLE YOUR WORM" !!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.