FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 5 wolves killed  (Read 21305 times)

er-e-is

Re: 5 wolves killed
« Reply #30 on: Apr 13, 2008, 08:00 AM »
Here's a couple of interesting articles

Wolf tally to date (posted 4/12/08)
Cat Urbigkit, Pinedale Online!
Here's the tally of wolves taken in Wyoming since delisting occurred on March 28:

3/28/08 1 male Cora killed by rancher in calving pasture
3/28/08 1 female Daniel
3/28/08 2 males Daniel
3/30/08 1 male Daniel
4/02/08 1 female Bondurant
4/03/08 1 male South Pass
4/03/08 1 female South Pass
4/06/08 1 male Bondurant
4/07/08 3 males Cora by control action
4/07/08 1 female Cora by control action

Total: 13 killed in predator management area of the state. Five of these wolves were killed because of conflicts with livestock. The remainder were taken by hunters.

All but the two South Pass wolves were killed in Sublette County. These two were killed near county border in neighboring Fremont County in an area where the Prospect Pack has roamed and been involved with numerous livestock depredations.

Related Links:
Wolf Watch - By Cat Urbigkit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Earthjustice prepares wolf case (posted 4/12/08)
Cat Urbigkit, Pinedale Online!
The environmental law firm, Earthjustice, has prominently placed wolf delisting on its website, with articles ranging from "Wolf recovery under attack" to "Wolf Wars: Famous Wolf Among First Casualties."

Earthjustice is preparing a lawsuit challenging the delisting, and is representing Defenders of Wildlife, Natural Resources Defense Council, Sierra Club, Center for Biological Diversity, The Humane Society of the United States, Jackson Hole Conservation Alliance, and Friends of the Clearwater in the lawsuit.

To read Earthjustice's take on wolf delisting, and an article detailing the life of one of the wolves killed near Daniel, Wyoming, click on the link below.

Related Links:
Earthjustice website
Wolf Watch - By Cat Urbigkit

POk3s

• Hey looky there....I got a bite!
« Reply #31 on: Apr 13, 2008, 04:02 PM »
Yes we have ate wolf!   it tastes just like the rest of the enviro-bullsht!   
 Not only that I'm tired of my taxes going to the lawsuit-defense of you limpwristed, wolf lovin, bunny huggin, yogurt and bean sprout eatin morons

Point being.......your taking the food off my table, to feed an invasive-species >:(

U DA MAN!

I figured there would be more than 13 wolves killed...but I guess it's only been half a month....I hope I get a chance at one.
Trent Williams<br /><br />Green River WOLVES<br />Wyoming COWBOYS<br /><br />

LT

• Retired MFF Mod
  • "A larger flame-thrower, you will need."
« Reply #32 on: Apr 13, 2008, 05:47 PM »
Maybe I'm just a perennial optimist, but I just don't believe a judge is going to grant an injunction against shooting the dogs in the predatory area. It has absolutely nothing to do with the recovery program, just those people Dogg described so well, who want wolves to run around without management protocols. On another note, I had a lengthy conversation with my backyard G&F biologist neighbor about the gray as opposed to timber wolf and he said essentially that a wolf is a wolf and you wouldn't believe the amount of sub-species, etc. I have a lot of respect for this guy and since I'm not really sure, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.  ;D

MrMarty51

« Reply #33 on: Apr 13, 2008, 06:44 PM »
Do Ya got to purchase a license or is it kinda like see em shoot em?
Are out of staters welcome to come in and join in on the hunt?

"Every hour a person spends fishing is not taken from their lives"
                   Quote from Grant Boyson

LT

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #34 on: Apr 13, 2008, 07:21 PM »
Do Ya got to purchase a license or is it kinda like see em shoot em?
Are out of staters welcome to come in and join in on the hunt?
Right now, we're allowed to shoot em on sight, I'm uncertain about non-residents, but if you want to be sure, try this number at the Cheyenne G&F office, 307-777-4600, LT out ;D

Backwater_

« Reply #35 on: Apr 13, 2008, 08:06 PM »
Wow.......nothing like reading 3 pages of pure ignorance before bed.   :sick:  And you guys wonder why organizations like PETA want to take our guns away.  Way to go fellas! :sleep1:

doggbiter

« Reply #36 on: Apr 13, 2008, 08:49 PM »
BackDoor Guide,    the definition of ignorance= not knowing

You are the second ignorant post on this thread ::)

Let me guess california.....or is it denver  hmmmm?   I'm guessing sanfransisco ;D

LT

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #37 on: Apr 13, 2008, 08:58 PM »
What a cheap, hit-and-run, miasmic shot by someone who doesn't have to deal with this situation.  ??? Whatever has happened to meaningful dialogue, Dogg? I'd say BDG probably resides in...Maine...or New York State.                 
                                                                                               LT

BUCK1

« Reply #38 on: Apr 13, 2008, 09:21 PM »
Hows it any different than shooting coyotes? Do we want to protect coyotes too? Hell No!

jrelaxin

« Reply #39 on: Apr 13, 2008, 09:42 PM »
What a cheap, hit-and-run, miasmic shot by someone who doesn't have to deal with this situation.  ??? Whatever has happened to meaningful dialogue, Dogg? I'd say BDG probably resides in...Maine...or New York State.                 
                                                                                               LT
good flatlander knows better than that.............  8)
Donut a day and I'm ready to play
 Dave

grayghost

« Reply #40 on: Apr 13, 2008, 10:02 PM »
DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT KILLING ANY WOLVES IN MAINE. ROBERT ROTHHE SPECIAL AGENT FOR THE INTERIOR OF IF&W SAID THAT THERE AREN'T ANY IN MAINE WHEN I ASKED HIM ABOUT WHAT I HAD SEEN WHEN I WAS DEALING WITH A TRAPPED LYNX WHICH IS A WHOLE OTHER STORY.

troutaddict33

« Reply #41 on: Apr 13, 2008, 10:16 PM »
yeah there's "none in NY either". I was told if it is proven true and accepted, they'd have to find a way to fund program to save them since they are/were endagered. Idk about now though since they aren't.

MrMarty51

« Reply #42 on: Apr 13, 2008, 10:19 PM »
About 30 years ago and a long time before there were any wolves planted in Montana,out plowing snow in Eastern Montana at the powder River Bridge on Highway 12 east,hit a big dog with the plow and told My supervisor that I had hit what looked like a Wolf.Told Me I was a halucinating from putting in to many hours.About a week later when the snow was melting here right where I said appears a wolf from out of the snow bank.Loaded the thing up and hauled it home and waited for the fur buyer to show up in town and showed it to Him,He closed the trunk of the car and told Me that He had never seen it and that I should take it somewhere`s and dispose of it and for sure to not tell anyone from fish and game about it.
I learned to never say that there were`nt any Wolves in Montana.

"Every hour a person spends fishing is not taken from their lives"
                   Quote from Grant Boyson

LT

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #43 on: Apr 13, 2008, 10:26 PM »
 :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :clapping: Well, that made my day, thanks.  LT  ;D

troutchaser

« Reply #44 on: Apr 13, 2008, 10:29 PM »
  LT    WHAT DO YOU GUYS MOSTLY FISH FOR IN WYOMING  ?      I PREFER ICE FISHING AND TROUT FISHING

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.