FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: nsr in edmonton  (Read 13874 times)

lovefishing

Re: nsr in edmonton
« Reply #15 on: Jul 09, 2010, 07:59 PM »
Some of my time is spent at Whitemud creek,but the majority of my time is spent west of the city  trying to tag more Sturgeon.

Hi. Bushnell. Do you catch, tag and release the Sturgeon? Do you get the special tag from some kind of fishery research department?
Are you helping them by Catching the Sturgeon, Record, mearsure, weight, and put on a special tag and release the fish, right?
If so, can you tell me which department are you helping. Thank

bushnell

« Reply #16 on: Jul 09, 2010, 09:11 PM »
Yes all fish are released. We use Pitt tags to identify them if caught again.We get 3 measurements from them,overall length.Tip of nose to fork,tip of nose to tip of tail fin,and girth. We do not weigh them,try to keep all fish in water at all times.There are a number of volunteers that do this.We are helping SRD out of Edmonton.

lovefishing

« Reply #17 on: Jul 10, 2010, 12:58 AM »
Yes all fish are released. We use Pitt tags to identify them if caught again.We get 3 measurements from them,overall length.Tip of nose to fork,tip of nose to tip of tail fin,and girth. We do not weigh them,try to keep all fish in water at all times.There are a number of volunteers that do this.We are helping SRD out of Edmonton.

Thank. May i know what SRD stand for. And how can i contact them. Thank again.

bushnell

« Reply #18 on: Jul 11, 2010, 10:45 PM »
SRD stands for Sustainable Resource Development(Fish & Wildlife).You can call them@780-427-3574 local Edmonton office.You can also check out their websites,
www.albertarelm.com

www.mywildalberta.com
Hope this helps.

lovefishing

« Reply #19 on: Jul 12, 2010, 12:08 AM »
SRD stands for Sustainable Resource Development(Fish & Wildlife).You can call them@780-427-3574 local Edmonton office.You can also check out their websites,
www.albertarelm.com

www.mywildalberta.com
Hope this helps.

Thank You very much Mr. Bushnell. Have a good summer and happy fishing.

WorkToFish

« Reply #20 on: Jul 15, 2010, 09:49 PM »
hey tom is the fishing picking up any was wating to go out but the last 4 times i went was crap so i dont want to waste my time and money if its still not worth

bushnell

« Reply #21 on: Jul 15, 2010, 11:41 PM »
Sorry Trev,I haven't been out this week, blew my knee out.I'm going to wait a couple of days and see if the river clears up at all.The river was starting to pick up before the rain, I think it should be alot better after all this rain.

WorkToFish

« Reply #22 on: Jul 16, 2010, 04:08 PM »
well we will have to meet up some where soon and hey do you know where around calgary would be a good spot to take my kid shore fishing and he could catch some fish

bushnell

« Reply #23 on: Jul 16, 2010, 04:54 PM »
Sorry can't help you with Calgary. Was just down at Whitemud to take a look.Water level is way up,and very dirty. Hopefully it stops raining long enough for the water level too drop and clear up.MInd you all this rain should clear out a few holes. We will have to get out one of these days.Need to get out and catch a few big ones.

bushnell

« Reply #24 on: Jul 25, 2010, 07:49 PM »
So went out today to check out the river. Spent most of the day out,the bite started out good but then slowed right down. Water is still high,but slowly stating to clear up. Managed to cattch 4 Goldeye and 1 Walleye. But to add one thing. Thanks again to the lazy slobs who can't clean up after themselves.You brought your beverage cans down the hill full,but are unable to take them back up empty.I managed to fill a garbage bag today with empties and other junk.

WorkToFish

« Reply #25 on: Aug 01, 2010, 07:17 PM »
ok Tom I foung a lake in Calgary finaly on my last day but hey i was going to head out tues or wed let me know if you can make it

bushnell

« Reply #26 on: Aug 02, 2010, 08:34 PM »
This week is out for me, promised  a neighbor that I would take down a tree for her.Not sure whats up for the weekend yet,but will probably go set up my trail camera.

warren77

« Reply #27 on: Aug 05, 2010, 07:52 PM »
I'm gonna go hunting for a good spot in the next 2 weeks...always good to go fishing near the city.

WorkToFish

« Reply #28 on: Aug 06, 2010, 08:57 AM »
went down to whitemud creek yesterday caught 4 walleye biggest one was 8 inches didn't even know i had any of them thought goldeyes where fallowing my bait in and hitting it everytime id stop it

ryanlookingforperch

« Reply #29 on: Aug 06, 2010, 07:35 PM »
Still haven't seen a sturgeon or a walleye since the rain last few weeks.  Lots of goldeye.  West of the city.  GD...they are fun, but I want something else...

I can't believe people keep these things...I mean from the NSR just west of the city....MAN....

Cheers!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.