FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: "ERIE"----Clean Water means bigger fish  (Read 4081 times)

Minner_Skinner

"ERIE"----Clean Water means bigger fish
« on: Apr 20, 2009, 07:00 AM »
A small percentage of Lake Erie had clean water this past weekend and it payed off......................

gill gitter

Re: "ERIE"----Clean Water means bigger fish
« Reply #1 on: Apr 20, 2009, 01:21 PM »
hey skinner, those are some real quality eyes :o looks like you guys had a great time and beautiful weather. if you don't mind where about were you fishing and what did you use to catch them? i am leaving out fri. morning and will launch out of turtle creek by the power plant. looks like the weather is on track to be about the same as last weekend was and wouldn't mind getting some of those hogs. thanks for any info and congrats on those PIGS ;D ;D

Carp

• Nothings better than father & son fishing together
« Reply #2 on: Apr 20, 2009, 03:13 PM »
All I can say is..HOGS!
Carp

Minner_Skinner

« Reply #3 on: Apr 20, 2009, 06:02 PM »
These fish were all taken from around the Islands,trolling Reefrunners,Husky Jerks,and Harnesses.Note tho:Trolling the cranks,1.4-2.0 seemed to be the speed for those,but when pulling harnesses,slow down a bit,try to stay at 0.8-1.1mph.Speed is super critical,a trolling bible,a boat full of cranks and harnesses,6-8 planer boards,line counters and you got a good start,these fish are moving up in the water colum as Im typing this,so you might be fishing 35' of water,but the fish will be caught 10' below the surface on the outside board in most cases,swirl alot,it can help also.

pigsmallie

« Reply #4 on: Apr 20, 2009, 07:02 PM »
Guess we should of went to Erie last weekend,instead of fishing for Bass we should have fished for Walleye.
Aka Slabgill

donnie.dew

• ALWAYS READY TO GO!!
« Reply #5 on: Apr 21, 2009, 07:06 PM »
awsome!!! hope we do that well this weekendat erie.. ;D

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #6 on: Apr 21, 2009, 09:23 PM »
DUDE----
if anyone goes this weekend.... it's gonna be on fire. she is supposed to blow till about wednesday night thursday mornin then be good for like 4 days. i can't wait next three weekends are tied up for erie!! see you boys out there..
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

donnie.dew

• ALWAYS READY TO GO!!
« Reply #7 on: Apr 22, 2009, 06:01 AM »
cool,it'll be on. ;D

Minner_Skinner

« Reply #8 on: Apr 22, 2009, 06:03 AM »
I hope you all do good this weekend,if you're wanting them big females,you better troll in some clean water,now if you're wanting some 20"-24"er's follow the hundreds of boats and do ya some Snap Jiggin.

The only reason we go to Erie is to troll for Sows,when it comes to gettin eaters,were all close to Brookville,so we just get our eaters there,and the bite on Brookville is firing up,good luck up there ya all,

Minner

carpcatcher

« Reply #9 on: Apr 22, 2009, 06:47 AM »
Nice eye's you got there. If those aren't eaters, then whats the three in the building and one in the parking lot for? I sure miss making my spring trip to the western basin.
Love 2 fish

Minner_Skinner

« Reply #10 on: Apr 22, 2009, 08:10 AM »
Its called food for our Annual 2009 Indiana Walleye .com fish fry.We supply all the fish for the fish fry,the lady holdin the 9 lber is gettin stuffed,her first erie Eye,the rest of us have our 10lbers on the wall ;)

PS:You ever use doughball on those walleyes????? :D :D :D

Mr. gill

« Reply #11 on: Apr 22, 2009, 01:19 PM »
NDA, I dont know what forcast you are looking at but the wind is going to be rough out their this weekend Fri. they are calling for 20+mph wind that is not good the fishing will be good if you can get out. They will put out a small water craft warning if it gets to bad.

Minner_Skinner

« Reply #12 on: Apr 22, 2009, 02:42 PM »
As of right now they are calling for 2'-4'er's.

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #13 on: Apr 22, 2009, 03:10 PM »
Mr. gill-

yea i seen that they had just changed that forcast, it'll be rough bubt if you have the boat to do it you will be good everytime i was safe and erie acted up he have hammered em just like that ice flow this past winter. and 8' fter's in that pwt tourny a few years back. jsut dont be stupid out there guys, stay safe. pray for the southish winds!!!! if ya get one day in and blown off the other head to the river it's nice and safe down in those banks, and the fish ARE there. good luck guys!
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

gill gitter

« Reply #14 on: Apr 22, 2009, 09:42 PM »
NDA, I dont know what forcast you are looking at but the wind is going to be rough out their this weekend Fri. they are calling for 20+mph wind that is not good the fishing will be good if you can get out. They will put out a small water craft warning if it gets to bad.

the thing is that the winds will be sw so the water on locust reef will not be too bad. i would rather have a 20 mph wind out of the sw than a east wind at 10 mph. we'll be alright john :'(  ;D how's n.y. ???

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.