FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Comet  (Read 5682 times)

SpaceGhost

Comet
« on: May 04, 2011, 02:35 PM »
Been going the last few days. A couple BIG browns and a salmon been patrolling the boat ramp/ dock...caught a few browns there on sunday too. Was talking to a guy who had pictures on his phone of someone who reeled in a 10 lb largemouth there last week too.

If anyones out there, im the guy with the Marine Corps hat on.

ebour

Re: Comet
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 02:57 PM »
Seriously, wow, I guess I should start fishing there. How big were the browns, I have seen double digits at white before. Are there smallmouths there?

SpaceGhost

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 03:07 PM »
From what i understand there are smallies there. Havent pulled one in myself. My guess on the browns and salmon were between 5-7 lbs.

FishingNewEngland

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 03:15 PM »
Was talking to a guy who had pictures on his phone of someone who reeled in a 10 lb largemouth there last week too.

:D :D :D

Calling BS on that one. It would have been all over the fishing sites if a 10 came out of MA waters. Not saying you're pulling a leg, but the other guy......  8)
Contributing blogger at www.wickedfishah.com

SpaceGhost

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 03:18 PM »
All im saying is that he had pictures on his phone. Is it possible? I dont see why not. Did it? I do not know. Me personally...if i had caught a 10 lb large before 2010, you all wouldve never known cause i never knew about these sites.

FishingNewEngland

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 03:22 PM »
I'm sure there's a few in the state but it's hard to catch an 8lb. bass, let alone a 10. I'm willing to bet there's some fishermen's stretching going on.

SpaceGhost

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 03:24 PM »
Im sure its hard to catch an 8 lb bass but i know of PLENTY of spots here in north central mass where they can be caught.

paqman

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 04:05 PM »
I'm sure there's a few in the state but it's hard to catch an 8lb. bass, let alone a 10.

not if you fish the beds  ;D

FishingNewEngland

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 04:24 PM »
not if you fish the beds  ;D

;D Get out of here! That's only for smallies!!!   :D

Basstracker

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 04:58 PM »
:D :D :D

Calling BS on that one. It would have been all over the fishing sites if a 10 came out of MA waters. Not saying you're pulling a leg, but the other guy......  8)

I believe it I've caught bass in the 9 and 10 pound range and they weren't on any websites lol.

FishingNewEngland

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 06:24 PM »
I believe it I've caught bass in the 9 and 10 pound range and they weren't on any websites lol.

Gold pin fish. Were they weighed?

Basstracker

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 06:41 PM »
Gold pin fish. Were they weighed?

sure were.

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 07:08 PM »
There are Smallies in there. I have gotten them both soft and hard water fishing at Comet. 5 to 7 lbs browns those are nice fish you won't find them often not even in Comet. My largest brown from there is about 4lbs and that was only once but they are in there. Nice job
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

ebour

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 07:40 PM »
Nice. I caught an 8.5 pounder, as well as a 7, so it is not impossible. Are the smallmouths of any size there? My best brown was a 3 pound 21 inch hookjaw. I have been hoping to catch a big one. Any suggestions for either fish

SpaceGhost

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2011, 08:16 PM »
I caught a few catfish in there tonight. Largest was close to 2 lbs id say.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.