FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Comet  (Read 5683 times)

FishingNewEngland

Re: Comet
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2011, 01:53 PM »
Sorry but im not buying the  

Ive caught so many bass that are in the 5-7 lb range in the last 2 years less than 10 mins from my house i cant even count them all. I think some of you just arent fishing in the right areas or spots or just arent that lucky.

I have no problem catching 5-7 pound bass either but we're talking about 10's.
Contributing blogger at www.wickedfishah.com

SpaceGhost

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2011, 03:22 PM »
Ya, a 10 isnt something thats gonna happen everyday but i have no doubt that there are quite a few here in Mass just waiting to be caught.

Dana

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2011, 04:32 PM »
I have a photo in my store of a 10lb 3oz caught in 2008 here in haverhill. It was 25" long, 19.25" girth, caught on a jig and craw. If I had a scanner I would put up the picture.
Glenn, get the net!

ebour

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2011, 11:39 AM »
I went there today, and before we had even put the canoe in, I saw the salmon under the dock. He has apparently been there for the past two weeks. He wasn't interested though. I caught a nice tiger trout, a few bass, missed a few smallmouths, and saw two other enormous salmon

SpaceGhost

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2011, 01:41 PM »
Its a nice place to fish if the wind is cooperating.

ebour

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2011, 01:48 PM »
There was  very little wind. I saw at least two tigers, plus the one I caught. The smallmouths would follow but wouldn't hit

TroutTroller

• Lund wc-14 3.5 horse merc...beats any day at work
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2011, 11:33 PM »
I got one 10 last October pics on this site. Just over 10 wieghed on 2 different scales that i keep in the boat. Also 29 inches in length. Trolling of all ways. Ashland resevoir. 2 old timers cruised right up to my boat as we were taking pics they watched me fight it. They both said it was the biggest they had seen caught in person.

ebour

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2011, 05:45 AM »
I can't believe you I have never seen a trout over a pound there and I live in Ashland. I caught one brown in august by the outflow in the sudbury at 21 inches, with a big hookjaw. But ten pouds is ridiculous

FishingNewEngland

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2011, 04:31 PM »
I can't believe you I have never seen a trout over a pound there and I live in Ashland. I caught one brown in august by the outflow in the sudbury at 21 inches, with a big hookjaw. But ten pouds is ridiculous

I think he's talking about a large mouth.  ;D
Contributing blogger at www.wickedfishah.com

Basstracker

« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2011, 05:15 PM »

I believe it... I've seen trout that big and a brown well over 10lbs was caught in 2008 which was a new MA record... On Saturday a 6(i think it was actually 6.5) pound rainbow was caught at Webster Lake at a bass tourney.

ebour

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2011, 07:00 PM »
I can believe a largemouth. I meant from Ashland. I have seen browns in the double digits at whites

ebour

« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2011, 10:49 AM »
I think I am going to comet today

ebour

« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2011, 06:19 PM »
My dad got a tiger, I missed at least a dozen trout and a salmon.

SpaceGhost

« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2011, 06:59 PM »
Nice on the tiger, thats where i caught my first one last year. Lotta trout there. They stocked last tues i think on the beach side. You could see the truck tracks leading to the water.

Ethan, youre a big smallie fan...goto my Quabbin post and check that beast out.  ;)

ebour

« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2011, 07:45 PM »
I saw. I want to catch one badly. I saw several really small salmon. It is funny because when i went last saturday i caught a tiger

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.