FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fishing at night for crappies  (Read 15809 times)

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
Re: Fishing at night for crappies
« Reply #30 on: Mar 24, 2004, 11:03 PM »
Sparkie,

Figured a regular car battery would not work as well. Thought a deep cycle would last longer. Thanks for supplying the voice of experience.

-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

crappieman12887

« Reply #31 on: Apr 07, 2004, 10:51 PM »
lights work good in open water and hard water also ,i will fill a mayo jar with water throw in a few minnow and drop it over the side of the boat or down the hole next to the light and watch the crappies hit the jar the light magnafises the minnows and makes it look like theres a big school of bait gathered around the light .try it its cool. bill [put make sure to have a piece of string tyed to the lid of the mayo jar that way when you are done you can take it home with you.

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
« Reply #32 on: Apr 08, 2004, 12:40 AM »
Saw this idea posted somewhere. Already have a couple of plastic jars (will add weight) that did not quite make it to the recycling bin for trash pickup this week. Thought it would be fun to give this a try.

-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

fastribs85

« Reply #33 on: Apr 08, 2004, 05:56 PM »
yo mike any word on the crappie been out for a while computer giving me headaches and so was the ex old ladynow im really gonna have problems with that boat
naked women and beer we got it all in here

Somers

« Reply #34 on: Apr 09, 2004, 01:12 PM »
That's the smartest thing I've heard in awhile crappieman.  Ingeniuos.  Thanks for sharing.

howey1176

• Gone Fishin'
« Reply #35 on: Apr 09, 2004, 01:17 PM »
I know this is a little late in the discussion but are crappie more of a night fish? In other words would I have better luck fishing for them at night rather than in the day? I have never actually fished for them. Only caught two in my whole life on accident. I don't even know how they taste.

Would any of you mind giving me a few basic tips to get me started? Such as habitat, bait/lures, time.

Any help would be great
Thanks
howey
Harold

peple of the perch

« Reply #36 on: Apr 09, 2004, 07:05 PM »
they use that tech on lake erie for white bass and walley during may

crappieman12887

« Reply #37 on: Apr 09, 2004, 11:24 PM »
lights work good in open water and hard water also ,i will fill a mayo jar with water throw in a few minnow and drop it over the side of the boat or down the hole next to the light and watch the crappies hit the jar the light magnafises the minnows and makes it look like theres a big school of bait gathered around the light .try it its cool. bill [put make sure to have a piece of string tyed to the lid of the mayo jar that way when you are done you can take it home with you.
I love it.  That sounds awesome.  I might try using my aquaview that has the multicolor lights for it's mere attracting purposes.  Just switch the cam to lights mode and that baby looks like a christmas tree underwater projecting a nice beam of different colors.  I bet that alone would draw lots of bait fish in turn crappies.  The minnows in the jar is great though it's kind of like messing with their minds a little.  A 3D movie for crappies.  They are so entertained they don't realize what they are doing as they bite your jig.
hey slipbob you want to try something else that works really great ,but you rubber tube on up side down this gives you tube ten times more action,try it and you will see what i mean,i have a gallon pickel jar i fill with water and test my jigs in to see how they react,all the time.bill

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.