FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Who is a Pisces ?  (Read 2011 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Who is a Pisces ?
« on: Mar 12, 2015, 06:50 PM »
"Pisces" is the Latin word for "Fishes."[20]    It is one of the earliest zodiac signs on record, with the two fish appearing as far back as c. 2300 BCE on an Egyptian coffin lid.[21]

According to one Greek myth, Pisces represents the fish into which Aphrodite (also considered Venus)[22] and her son Eros (also considered Cupid)[22] transformed in order to escape the monster Typhon.[2][23][20] Typhon, the "father of all monsters" had been sent by Gaia to attack the gods, which led Pan to warn the others before himself changing into a goat-fish and jumping into the Euphrates.[8] A similar myth, one which the fish "Pisces" carry Aphrodite and her son out of danger, is resounded in Manilius' five volume poetic work Astronomica: "Venus ow'd her safety to their Shape."[22] Another myth is that an egg fell into the Euphrates river. It was then rolled to the shore by fish. Doves sat on the egg until it hatched, out from which came Aphrodite. As a sign of gratitude towards the fish, Aphrodite put the fish into the night sky.[8] Because of these myths, the Pisces constellation was also known as "Venus et Cupido," "Venus Syria cum Cupidine," Venus cum Adone," "Dione," and "Veneris Mater,"[22] the latter being the formal Latin term for mother.

The Greek myth on the origin of the sign of Pisces has been cited by English astrologer Richard James Morrison as an example of the fables that arose from the original astrological doctrine, and that the "original intent of [it] was afterwards corrupted both by poets and priests."[23]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pisces_%28astrology%29
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

tomturkey

Re: Who is a Pisces ?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2015, 09:22 PM »
I guess we both must be since we share the same birthday. From what I saw I guess you have seniority if you are 74. Or is that senility.

I have never been into astrology. 

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2015, 03:26 AM »
I was just bustin his chops Tom. He's a kid....comparatively. I'm a fish too! Monday I join the ranks of the Government Certified Old Farts. Got my ID card and everything.

Is it true I'll have to get a chip implant so they can always find me ::)

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Mar 13, 2015, 05:40 AM »
I was just bustin his chops Tom. He's a kid....comparatively. 

;D ;D ;D ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

tomturkey

« Reply #4 on: Mar 13, 2015, 07:16 AM »
I was just bustin his chops Tom. He's a kid....comparatively. I'm a fish too! Monday I join the ranks of the Government Certified Old Farts. Got my ID card and everything.

Is it true I'll have to get a chip implant so they can always find me ::)
Rg

Good that means I am still the top as far a senility goes.

No chips yet but give Hitbama and company a little time and that will be fact. I did have a friend, rest his soul, that had to wear a GPS tracking device as he kept wandering off. The sheriff's department would turn it on to find him. Some times he would be a mile or more from home. Dang Alzheimer's.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Mar 16, 2015, 02:44 AM »
Yup, I'm a pices. I'm 65 today ;D

Think I'll go fishing. I always hated working on my birthday. Now I don't have to.
Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: Mar 16, 2015, 05:35 AM »

Happy Birthday Bob...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.