FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bareleydog's New Competition  (Read 2838 times)

vancouvercanuck

Bareleydog's New Competition
« on: Aug 09, 2004, 06:00 PM »
Ok, so I took a week off of work and went and spent a week in the sunny Okonagan in B.C. Well it freakn' rained for three days so I only managed to get out trout fishing the very first day. My buddy was coming through on his way to a wedding so we decided to head out.

Here we are stopping in for a bite to eat. Ain't she hot?

On the way up on the logging roads, fun in a 2wd pos.

Finally reach the lake:

Looking for some trout...........man is it slow!!!

Here is our dinner, almost as big as Barleydog's lakers he has on his post. ::) ::)

You have to laugh over those ones............... ::) ::) :P

So back to Vernon we go for some REAL dinner

And a few wobbly pops of course!! ;D ;D

Then off to everyone's favorite bar:

And back to the condo for some midnight snacks..........ok more beer ;)

Then after a few long days in the rain we have to drive back home through the Rockies,,,, here are some misc. pictures:

Here is a snow chute used to direct the avalanches that come down this part of the mountain.

More mountain pics............... :P :P

And as soon as we hit Banff we get rain.............. >:( >:(

"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

Jigwiggler

Re: Bareleydog's New Competition
« Reply #1 on: Aug 10, 2004, 08:48 AM »
Wow that is a sweet landscape.  We just don't have stuff like that out east.  One of these years I gotta see the Rockies.  Nice and thanks for posting.  ;D

Me too!  Great pics VC!  Looks like a fun trip regardless of weather.
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

Skiff

• Retired MFF Mod
  • Just relaxin' on the Red
« Reply #2 on: Aug 10, 2004, 10:43 AM »
Nice pictures VC, too bad your fish don't match the size of the mountains!  I'd sure like to see some of that sun here today in Winnipeg.  Right now (Aug 10) its 8C or 46F.  Cold, raining and miserable :(

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #3 on: Aug 11, 2004, 04:41 AM »
Nice shots VC. The pictures containing the contents of the fridge is priceless ;D ;D ;D
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

Bigfish57

« Reply #4 on: Aug 11, 2004, 04:13 PM »
nice trout!!!!!! Atleast the beer was good right ?  ;)
Anthony

fastribs85

« Reply #5 on: Aug 12, 2004, 08:56 PM »
well ya cant win um all as long as you had fun thats what matters
naked women and beer we got it all in here

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #6 on: Aug 13, 2004, 03:30 PM »
I hope you got exact measurements of those fish you caught so you can have a replica made. They were huge ;)

Bartman44

« Reply #7 on: Aug 13, 2004, 06:07 PM »
Wow! I think you  took pictures of everything but the lime.

Nice country.

Bartman

TimC1086

« Reply #8 on: Aug 17, 2004, 09:39 PM »
I just don't think it's possible to take a bad picture of a mountain.

And hey, I think we all have those kinda days, where 7 inches takes the cake. (Though I dunno, that second picture looks like you just tied a skitterwalk on the end of your line)

Barleydog

• Wishin' I was a fishin'
« Reply #9 on: Aug 18, 2004, 12:45 PM »
Love the pics VC! ;D ;D  Your country is sure purty! :o  Love the Canadian Rockies!   I however don't see the competition?  My perscription has changed this year soooo maybe those fish are bigger than first perceived?  Ah, who cares when your having fun in an area like that...  Come on up north and we'll hook you up with some nice fish, along with mosquito bites you'll never forget.    P.S.  Don't forget ta supply the "wobbly pops." ;D

Thriller

• Take a child fishing
« Reply #10 on: Aug 18, 2004, 09:25 PM »
Nice shots...we just spent a bunch of time in mountain country.  Passed through around the south end of Glacier Park Aug. 7 and then came back through I94 on the way back.  There are days I am happy to see flat prairiie after all those grades pulling a trailer.  When I get around to doing some editing to reduce size I'll post a few holiday photos.

Derek
Derek

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #11 on: Aug 19, 2004, 02:48 PM »
Love the pics VC! ;D ;D  Your country is sure purty! :o  Love the Canadian Rockies!   I however don't see the competition?  My perscription has changed this year soooo maybe those fish are bigger than first perceived?  Ah, who cares when your having fun in an area like that...  Come on up north and we'll hook you up with some nice fish, along with mosquito bites you'll never forget.    P.S.  Don't forget ta supply the "wobbly pops." ;D

I'm gunna hold you to that you know!! ;) ;) Sorry for all the crappy pics guys, it's a little hard snapping pictures going 120 through the window of the truck.  ;D ;D ;D
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

Cider

« Reply #12 on: Aug 19, 2004, 03:17 PM »
Hey!  Your shrimp appetizers are bigger than your catch!!!  :o

Nice pics of the Rockies.  I have a ton that I took from my trip up there in July.  We took around 1,300 digital photos and exposed about 20 rolls of 35mm film.

I'll post some pics of the rockies, bears, elk, big-horn ram, coyotes, gophers etc etc. when I get a chance to sort through all the photos!!

What beautiful country you have in your backyard!  Wish I lived a little closer.  Of course, it helps having a ton of relatives up there too! ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.