FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Potential Entry  (Read 2616 times)

The Rocket

Potential Entry
« on: Aug 20, 2004, 12:43 AM »
Here's one of the Rocket's finest. I just need Grumpymoe to change the rules in the MFF online tourney. This was in Missouri at the Harry S Truman tailrace when The Rocket landed this 40lb + huge Spoonbill (Paddlefish). I was using my Zebco 33 with 10 lb line and a treble hook. It took about 20 minutes to land.
That's ZZ Top with the Rocket ;)  P.S. I would love to see Spoonbill's in the Large game section of the Online Tourney ;)

You can either be the type of person that spends a saturday watching Dr. Phil, eating tofu in your bachelor appartment, or you can be the type that goes fishing.... Your call....The bass are biting...

grumpymoe

Re: Potential Entry
« Reply #1 on: Aug 20, 2004, 06:30 AM »
very nice fish rocket....hmmmm...change the rules???? i dont carry any kind of clout around here....now keep them fish pics coming for everyone....grump 8) 8)

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #2 on: Aug 20, 2004, 12:22 PM »
Hey Rocket awesome fish!! Do they bite on bait or do you snag em? Cool looking fish :o 8)

The Rocket

« Reply #3 on: Aug 20, 2004, 01:35 PM »
I was just catfishing off of the dock. I had a small treble hook on the line, with pieces of minnows. Just before I hooked the beast, I cought a small channel cat.
The Spoonbill was running his bill in the mud, and cought the hook.
It was an outstanding fight. And it was released unharmed.
Amazingly it didn't brake the line.
You can either be the type of person that spends a saturday watching Dr. Phil, eating tofu in your bachelor appartment, or you can be the type that goes fishing.... Your call....The bass are biting...

Jigwiggler

« Reply #4 on: Aug 20, 2004, 01:38 PM »
Awesome catch Rocket!!  It's great to see rare catches such as yours that most people will never encounter.
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #5 on: Aug 20, 2004, 01:49 PM »
Yeah thanks for posting those Rocket I don't see those around here awesome catch! :o 8)

trapperdirk

« Reply #6 on: Aug 20, 2004, 02:13 PM »
Wow Rocket what a catch lad . Awesome . I don't think anything quite that exotic swims in our waters so your definately one up on me and will likely remain so . Congrats and thanks for the pic . Now whats the deal with all these celebrity friends of yours ?. I must say though I prefer the ladies like Terry Clarke compared to ZZ Top . LOL ;D
The bush is not a passion , it's in my soul.

TD

Thriller

• Take a child fishing
« Reply #7 on: Aug 20, 2004, 07:58 PM »
Very cool.  Last week we passed through Montana and read a bit about the paddlefish near where the Yellowstone meets the Missouri.

Derek
Derek

The Rocket

« Reply #8 on: Aug 20, 2004, 08:18 PM »
Thanks to all who have looked and replyed :)

And Trapper, Your still one up on me, I've never cought a Pike.

The Rocket

« Reply #9 on: Aug 20, 2004, 08:40 PM »
That's my Dad (The Zz Top Looking one) and my uncle Mike holding it just before we released it.

Thriller

• Take a child fishing
« Reply #10 on: Aug 20, 2004, 10:10 PM »
Well then Rocket, sounds like it might be time for you to make a road trip.  Pike abound up here in Manitoba and sometimes can be a bit of a nuisance if you are trying to target something else.

Derek
Derek

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #11 on: Aug 22, 2004, 11:49 AM »
That's a cool fish rocket. Hope you end up catching a pike too! They are extremely tough to catch around here, but who knows, if you can catch a spoonbil or whatever that was then you might be able to catch a pike! Great Fish!!!

Hookset

« Reply #12 on: Aug 23, 2004, 10:24 AM »
Nice fish, don't see them in Upstate NY.
We don't own the Earth, the Earth owns us.
US ARMY Veteran: A Battery 6/32 FA, MLRS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.