FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Tastiest cut of beef?  (Read 10157 times)

slipbob

Tastiest cut of beef?
« on: Apr 09, 2004, 12:56 PM »
Filet Mignon,  Prime Rib,  steak cuts such as Porterhouse,  Delmonico or Ribeye which are essentially the same,  NY strip,  T-bone?  If given the choice I gotta go for a sweet sweet Delmonico grilled medium rare.  Filet is great too but I just love the Monico.  What do you like best?

Somers

Re: Tastiest cut of beef?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 09, 2004, 01:06 PM »
I tend to eat a lot more venison than beef, but since you asked slipbob, I'll vote for the Porterhouse.  Best of 2 cuts and I love chewin on the bone.  (yikes, that wasn't supposed to sound that way lol.)

I also love to marinate a flank steak (in lots of fresh herbs, garlic cloves, a med. onion, S+P, and enough EV olive oil to bring it all together in blender) for a few days and then grill.  I can't believe how pricey the flank steaks are getting though.

Delmonicos and filet are up there too.  Strip steaks I can skip every time.

Cider

« Reply #2 on: Apr 09, 2004, 01:07 PM »
Now here we go...

Delmonico on the grill or broiler.  Pre-treat with Emeril's Essence rub on both sides... BAM! Another Notch!!  BAM BAM!!  8)

Let her sit on the counter and think about it for half an hour an then throw the torch to it.  5-6 minutes a side for a 1 to 1 1/2" thick steak.  Get that nice pink juicy action going.

Serve with steamed wild rice blend, french cut green beans, sourdough dinner roll and a three or four bottles of Bogle Petite Shiraz.  Oh can you feel the love in here!!!

Oh man, I know what I'm doing for dinner tonight!!!!  ;D

Cider

« Reply #3 on: Apr 09, 2004, 01:10 PM »
One more....

Sirloin tips marinated overnight in NY State Fair Speedie sauce.  Grill 'em whole or throw them on a bamboo skewer mixed with onions, sweet bell peppers, cherry tomatoes that are dipped in extra virgin olive oil...

I'm gonna need a new keyboard with all this drool....

slipbob

« Reply #4 on: Apr 09, 2004, 01:12 PM »
Bogle Petite Shiraz.  Ha I have consumed some of that myself.  How about McManus Family Vineyard Cabernet?  Bogle makes some good stuff.  Look for the McManus if you can find it.  I agree with Somers about strips though they don't fit my taste buds but that Delmonny is  Mmmm..............!

fozsey

« Reply #5 on: Apr 09, 2004, 07:25 PM »
I would have to say Ribeye #1 and Prime Rib #2 both medium rare with baked potato and onions with an ice cold brew on the side. I love Prime Rib, but it hates me. It make me sicker than drinking a whole keg of beer. Med Rare Ribeye is hard to beat any time.

Smelt1

• Born to fish,forced to work!
« Reply #6 on: Apr 09, 2004, 08:29 PM »
I hav'nt met a steak I did'nt like.I like all cuts.A buddy of mine raises cattle as a business and some of the best tasting meat I have ever tasted comes from the ceminthal breed that he raises(puts black angus cuts to shame).If your on a low colesterol diet then this breed is not for you.Every cut is lightly marbled with fat alot like prime rib so even the chuck steaks taste like filet mignon.But if you order a side you better have a large freezer or a large family because this breed grows big usally 3500 lbs. at butcher time.
Bubba

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #7 on: Apr 09, 2004, 11:16 PM »
I like a cut off of a prime rib, so I guess, a rib steak. I like it cooked medium rare w/ lemon pepper and a little a1 sauce. i like it grilled on the george forman (sp) grill. only about 4-6 minutes. I like a little horseradish sauce too. spicy!!!

I also like carne asada, which is a mexican flank steak cut very thin and marinated very heavily. I live in a highly populated mexican community (fruita, colorado) and we have a few stores where we can go and buy this at. they are mexican stores. I don't know how they do it, but I gaurantee everyone of you would drool and crave for this after you've had it!!!

HIMO

• MFF Mod Team
  • Goatboy's- Wisconsin chapter "1st Wisconsin goat"
« Reply #8 on: Apr 10, 2004, 11:20 AM »
hey Cider. where do they get extra virgin olive oil from? ugly olives of course. haha!!!

HIMO
"IT'S NOT HOW DEEP YOU FISH, IT'S HOW YOU WIGGLE YOUR WORM" !!!

Jigwiggler

« Reply #9 on: Apr 10, 2004, 12:51 PM »
     With one of my customers being a beef processor I am able to get whole rib eye rolls directly.  They come vacuum packed and I age them for 4-6 weeks in my fridge.  A month and a half later slice that baby up, season to taste, throw it on the Bar-B and you have got the best tasting, most tender ribeye steak you could ever sink your teeth into!! :P  I have tried every cut that I know of and nothing beats a rib eye prepared in this manner.

Cider's got it right for the leftovers, cut into cubes and marinate.  I make my own spedie sauce but same idea.  Add your marinade and throw them in the fridge and forget about em'.  24 - 48 hrs and to the grill!!  Mmmmm!  I like to add a few hot peppers to my skewer. :o
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

Cider

« Reply #10 on: Apr 10, 2004, 05:55 PM »
Here's one more just for you HIMO!  Take a NY strip or sirloin and wipe her down with some of that extra virgin olive oil (you know where it comes from)!  ;D  Then take some cracked black pepper and coat the steak both sides.  The more the better.  You can also add some red chile or habanero too if you are daring.  Then put the flame to it and give it a good searing.  Blacken that baby up!!

Serve it with a cold Heineken in a frosty mug and you are living large!!

howey1176

• Gone Fishin'
« Reply #11 on: Apr 14, 2004, 10:36 PM »
T-bone, NY Strip. :'( ;D
Harold

slipbob

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2004, 02:31 PM »
Okay here is my favorite cut of beef.  I got these for myself and my girl the other night from my local butcher.  2 beautiful delmonnies.  The secret is the coveted white pepper.  Try it.  It works great on beef.
[/img]

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2004, 08:18 PM »
What no  cooked pic? lol ;D Man those are sweet steaks!!!!!!

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
« Reply #14 on: Aug 17, 2004, 04:43 PM »
Slipbob,

I'm with you on this one.....Drool,Drool Drool!!!  I also prefer then over any cut of beef.  Now I know whats for dinner.

Steve
Sure the Marines are a department of the Navy........... We're the MENS DEPARTMENT!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.