FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: May trolling  (Read 127 times)

fish wayniac

May trolling
« on: May 22, 2024, 03:50 PM »
My spring stared out slow for April with not many fish in the boat. Went up to Aziscohos , Mooselookmeguntic and Upper Richardson 5-10to 5-12 and slayed them. We caught over 20 Salmon and 8 Brook trout on Friday. The biggest at 19” with many 12” to 16” salmon in the mix. Fished 2 half days at 2 lakes on Saturday with another good outing. The first time ever catching Salmon ,Brook trout and a Togue in the same day. Then Sunday we caught another 12 Salmon and 6 Brook trout . It was awesome !

Then on 5/19 I tried one of my regular spots that has been cold. I have been skunked twice there so after 2-1/2 hours of nothing I loaded up the boat and dunked it in another spot.
It was the first time fishing there so I was going blind. I was happy to catch 2 quality Browns . The first a fat 19” and then a 17” that was colored up with nice markings. I also restored my boat this spring and was happy with how it looks. Tight lines !

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
Re: May trolling
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2024, 04:34 PM »
Great to see good fish on here, Wayne!  And a hat trick in the mix 8)  Excellent.

I'm not having a real active Spring.....unless you count near brawls with landowners (or perhaps landowner wannabees is the better term), police meetings, etc.  Hey, maybe it's as exhilarating as catching nice fish :o

fish wayniac

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2024, 08:04 PM »
Jim , Sorry to hear about the altercations while fishing.

lowaccord66

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2024, 05:56 AM »
Great report Wayne glad to see you are catching.

MarkNFish

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2024, 06:52 AM »
Thanks for the report.  That brown is a tank and the boat looks great!  Those are fun projects. 

fish wayniac

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2024, 02:59 PM »
Thanks!
It was a tank and hit like a freight train.
The star fire rod curled right over and the fish put up a good fight.

woodchip1

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2024, 09:00 PM »
Great to see your having some good action.!!! Its geting hot up on Chesuncook the derby is this weekend. Some guys are landing 15 Salmon an hour, and they are running a little bigger this year!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.