FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: fox chain  (Read 5360 times)

toadhunter2

fox chain
« on: Apr 13, 2012, 07:26 PM »
hey was just wondering if anyone would be willing to share some info on bass fishing the chain I was up last week and fished pistake and the river man the water is low I hope they start raising it or we get a bunch of rain I duck hunt pistake so I know it pretty well but don't fish the rest of the chain so any advice on places to try for bass would be appreciated just looking to learn more of the water thanks

180 Pro

Re: fox chain
« Reply #1 on: Apr 14, 2012, 09:10 AM »
TH,

I don't really target them but most of the channels with docks anywhere on the chain seem to produce Bass. There's a channel that connects Bluff and Marie that produces Bass along the sea wall (got a 4lb Lm some time back by pitching a worm up against it. If you ever put in on Long lake, just cast the shorelines and you will be rewarded. I love throwing frogs at them if nothing else is hitting, I'm not very good at it but it's got to be one of the most exciting ways to fish for them. I hear that Channel and Catherine are pretty good in the weeds as well. Sorry I don't have more productive advise...good luck!

toadhunter2

« Reply #2 on: Apr 15, 2012, 10:46 AM »
ya fished a bunch of channels yesterday man we need rain caught a few small ones on Marie and grass lake but that was it

toadhunter2

« Reply #3 on: Apr 19, 2012, 03:09 AM »
hey 180 I have a question for you well I asked the fwa about no wake areas and if they had a map marking them they said yes so I bought one long story short I should have saved my $5 the map don't show sh*t and talking to them is like asking my dog a question so do you know is the fox river from pistake south to the dam all no wake or just some areas

180 Pro

« Reply #4 on: Apr 19, 2012, 11:29 AM »
I don't know if this is the law; but, we fish the bubbler right at the mouth of the south and we have jigged and trolled waldos as far as the Johnsburg bridge. Every time I'm at this location boats are screaming along, so I would say only parts of it are no wake. I do know that the entire North River is no wake, but people have been noted not paying attention to that...not real smart.

180 Pro

« Reply #5 on: Apr 20, 2012, 03:57 AM »
I don't know if this is the law; but, we fish the bubbler right at the mouth of the south and we have jigged and trolled waldos as far as the Johnsburg bridge. Every time I'm at this location boats are screaming along, so I would say only parts of it are no wake. I do know that the entire North River is no wake, but people have been noted not paying attention to that...not real smart.

Let me clarify what I / we call the North river....the part that goes north of the state park, mouth being by Blarneys island, proceed north into Wisconsin.

toadhunter2

« Reply #6 on: Apr 24, 2012, 12:49 PM »
so where is this bubblier you speak of I have been told if you find the bubblier on the river you can find bass  I was told there are 3 of them from pistake south to the dam is there any truth to this

180 Pro

« Reply #7 on: Apr 25, 2012, 04:23 AM »
so where is this bubblier you speak of I have been told if you find the bubblier on the river you can find bass  I was told there are 3 of them from pistake south to the dam is there any truth to this

I don't know if there are three of them, only that there is one at the mouth to the south river. Locate the small island and look between it and the mouth of the river. If you are there during calm water, it is easily spotted, water is moving quite a bit.

toadhunter2

« Reply #8 on: Apr 25, 2012, 05:07 PM »
OK I know that island have shot lots of ducks just north of that little thing

180 Pro

« Reply #9 on: Apr 26, 2012, 03:43 AM »
That's it, I always see a blind there in the fall. If you move a little south and west from that island you'll run into the bubblier.

toadhunter2

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 04:33 AM »
man what a crap day went out had 60-63 degree water fished the river down buy the dam and fished the channels off nipersink back into dunns and vacation village not even a bite

180 Pro

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 04:19 AM »
That sux....maybe this pressure system turned em' off. Were you just looking for  Bass or Walleye? The neighbor fished the Walleye tourney last Sunday and between the 27 boats they weighed around 100 fish. The big bag wasn't much at six fish and only 10 or so pounds but they did find fish. Lots of boats on Marie, but according to the neighbor, the winners found the winning bag in the South river, don't know exactly where though..

toadhunter2

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2012, 03:00 PM »
ya just bass hey where is lake mathews at I can not find it on a map anywhere and some guys said it is a decent spot for bass in the spring

180 Pro

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 04:19 AM »
ya just bass hey where is lake mathews at I can not find it on a map anywhere and some guys said it is a decent spot for bass in the spring

It appears to be accessible by Pistakee lake. If you go to the Fox chain website, you will find an interactive map. Look for Pistakee and then for an island called Palm Beach. From there look just to the right and you will see a small body of water, near that you will see a road called Lake Matthews Terrace, the lake is right next to route 134. It looks pretty small but some of those little lakes in that area are heavily weeded, most likely making them good for the Large Mouth.

toadhunter2

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2012, 05:04 AM »
sweet thank you for the info will give it a try

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.