FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bucket list rocket fish  (Read 4912 times)

seamonkey84

Re: Bucket list rocket fish
« Reply #30 on: Sep 01, 2019, 07:56 PM »
Def a fish I would like to catch someday. My friends had a buddy that does guiding in the saltwater, and he’s heard of a few being caught along the Maine coast this year.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #31 on: Sep 12, 2019, 09:09 AM »
Not sure if the bones are still around in RI but I am going to give it a try this weekend. That, and some seabass action.
Wicked Wec

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #32 on: Sep 12, 2019, 03:09 PM »
Hopefully you get on them. My upstate ny plan may be in jeopardy due to a oil leak. Might have to stick closer to home

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #33 on: Sep 12, 2019, 03:10 PM »
Hopefully you get on them. My upstate ny plan may be in jeopardy due to a oil leak. Might have to stick closer to home

Ouch! Keep me posted. As of now There are 3 on my boat.
Wicked Wec

westernmas

« Reply #34 on: Sep 13, 2019, 08:54 AM »
Not sure if the bones are still around in RI but I am going to give it a try this weekend. That, and some seabass action.

I'm hoping to launch the yak in the Long Island sound to get into some hardtails as well.  Looks a little windy for the kayak so hopefully the weather cooperates.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #35 on: Sep 13, 2019, 08:55 AM »
I'm hoping to launch the yak in the Long Island sound to get into some hardtails as well.  Looks a little windy for the kayak so hopefully the weather cooperates.

Good luck.  We get them in the sound into October. My best day was in October...landed 13 albies. 

westernmas

« Reply #36 on: Sep 13, 2019, 09:20 AM »
Good luck.  We get them in the sound into October. My best day was in October...landed 13 albies.

From the sounds of it there aren't a ton of albies in the exact area I'm going but I'm hoping bonito or spanish macks are around if the albies aren't.  Planning on getting there in the dark to toss some eels before the sun comes up.  Should be a fun morning.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #37 on: Sep 13, 2019, 09:34 AM »
I can recommend a spot where the bass are eating those eels before sunrise if you'd like.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #38 on: Sep 13, 2019, 10:35 AM »
Be ready to get into some bones. Not sure about the macks but bones are going nutz from what I am hearing. Albies soon to follow. Hopefully I can find them tomorrow and I wish you luck as well. The sushi i made from them was out of this world so I need at least bone. Bleeding them right away and keeping them as cold as possible on ice is key.
Wicked Wec

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #39 on: Sep 13, 2019, 12:24 PM »
Home made sushi... OMG. Just awesome!

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #40 on: Sep 13, 2019, 02:23 PM »
Home made sushi... OMG. Just awesome!

Jethro - Did you see the sushi pictures on the first page of this thread? I forgot to mention that the left roll also had some fresh steamed blue shell crab in it. that was GOOD!
Wicked Wec

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.