FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Salmon/River fishing in pg  (Read 5321 times)

krazykim

Salmon/River fishing in pg
« on: Jul 14, 2010, 07:19 PM »
I want to know when, where, and how ...

I have been searching online for days for info and all i find are charters in and around prince george, and i dont have the money to pay for a charter lol.

TGF i know you'll be reading this maybe you can give me some pointers :)

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
Re: Salmon/River fishing in pg
« Reply #1 on: Jul 14, 2010, 07:23 PM »
the last week of september  ;D   keep reading or go back bud and read the posts from last season 8)

krazykim

« Reply #2 on: Jul 14, 2010, 07:29 PM »
well a few people told me in the last while july 15 to august...something or other...but i can't find anything at all :(

<-- not a bud
<-- is a Dear, or Hun,  or Sweetie :P

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
  • I still got my eye on you guys...
« Reply #3 on: Jul 14, 2010, 07:37 PM »
OK lets get this straight....Are you talking Salmon River fishing (In the Salmon River)? OR are you talking about fishing salmon in the rivers around PG?

PS: Welcome to the soft side ;D

krazykim

« Reply #4 on: Jul 14, 2010, 07:44 PM »
both? lol .  Any salmon any river withing a 30 km radius of prince george, that we can take the kids to

and ty for the welcome :)

how you been stranger?

You manage to get that motor running?

*EDIT - Any LEGAL salmon in any LEGAL river lol

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Jul 15, 2010, 07:46 AM »
Yes motor is running. Am going to use it as a kicker on my bigger boat. Thanks again.
I'm not much of a salmon fisherman around here but check your PMs.

krazykim

« Reply #6 on: Jul 15, 2010, 09:34 AM »
ty :) You never cease to amaze me :P

ianwuzhere

« Reply #7 on: Jul 16, 2010, 01:41 AM »
very limited salmon retaining this year- chinook under 77cm only in very selective spots, be sure to check the regs before headin out... make sure to bring the camera and post some pix if catch a few lunkers!

krazykim

« Reply #8 on: Jul 16, 2010, 06:15 PM »
ty ianwuzhere...

only problem is i don't understand the locations i looked it up and this is what i got

Bowron River: Chinook management measures: On that portion of the Bowron River from the Forestry road bridge nearest the Fraser River upstream to the Bowron Forest Road Bridge crossing near Haggen Creek: July 15 - Aug. 15, 2010: One Chinook per day with a fork length less than 77 cm. You may not retain Chinook with a fork length greater than 77 cm. There is currently a minimum size limit of 30 cm for Chinook caught in non-tidal waters. Listed on 6/07/2010 FN0493

krazykim

« Reply #9 on: Jul 16, 2010, 06:16 PM »
and this one for the fraser

i just don't know as a non-river fisher

Fraser River: Chinook management measures: On that portion of the Fraser River from the powerline crossing near College Heights upstream to the Northwood Bridge crossing the Fraser River: July 10 - July 25, 2010: One Chinook per day with a fork length less than 77 cm. You may not retain Chinook with a fork length greater than 77 cm. There is currently a minimum size limit of 30 cm for Chinook caught in non-tidal waters. Listed on 6/07/2010 FN0493

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #10 on: Jul 17, 2010, 12:48 AM »
ty ianwuzhere...

only problem is i don't understand the locations i looked it up and this is what i got

Bowron River: Chinook management measures: On that portion of the Bowron River from the Forestry road bridge nearest the Fraser River upstream to the Bowron Forest Road Bridge crossing near Haggen Creek: July 15 - Aug. 15, 2010: One Chinook per day with a fork length less than 77 cm. You may not retain Chinook with a fork length greater than 77 cm. There is currently a minimum size limit of 30 cm for Chinook caught in non-tidal waters. Listed on 6/07/2010 FN0493

That is alot of the Bowron River and the area I gave you falls in there. If your really in doubt you could call Marty at Bon Voyage Sports as he seems to know alot about regulations and the river fishing around PG. There is sometimes updates made by Ministry so good to know for sure ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.