FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Another good day....  (Read 1220 times)

rivereddy

Another good day....
« on: Aug 28, 2020, 06:25 PM »
I paid a call to the local today.  The plan was to rise catch the predawn action with topwater baits. The early rising
worked out, but I got hung up leaving the house and didn't make it there until the crack o' 10:15.  I arrived at just
about the same time as the first shower in two weeks began falling.  I put on a Zara Puppy and had at it.  The old
folks must have been sleeping off their overnight crawdad binge, but the kids put on a show.  Nothing much over a
foot but they just blasted that puppy.  I was running a fish every three casts or so until the sun knocked down the
shaded water.  A good day

fish on,

rivereddy

Hexagenia51

Re: Another good day....
« Reply #1 on: Aug 29, 2020, 06:47 AM »
Sounds like fun! Thanks for the report. Hex

rivereddy

« Reply #2 on: Aug 29, 2020, 08:40 PM »
Another, Another good day... Took the wife over and turned her loose with an ultralight
and a Rebel wee craw.  She caught her first before I was rigged. she caught a couple
and had several long distance releases.  I went with a fair sized swim bait which kept the
dinks at bay and wound up with a couple north of 16".  I could get used to this...

fish on, gonna' have to get her her own pair of neoprene boots, fish off

rivereddy

gilldan

« Reply #3 on: Aug 30, 2020, 09:17 PM »
Glad you are on them.  My wife and I have been pounding the gills in 12' water in the late morning.  Heading out to a small pond in the morning for some red ears.  They have been hot in 3' of water fishing 12" deep.

rivereddy

« Reply #4 on: Aug 31, 2020, 06:37 AM »
We have experienced he same thing with redears this year - well into summer and still shallow and willing to chase
flies or small leadheads.   Good times.

fish on,

rivereddy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.