FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Custom Boat Cover needed  (Read 1434 times)

taxid

Custom Boat Cover needed
« on: Sep 08, 2020, 10:34 AM »
Any recommendations for someone that can make me a custom boat cover in northeastern Indiana? Seem to remember someone in Shipshewanna and or North Webster? I hate to do it but will have to move the boat out of the garage to make room for a tractor and snowblower.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Fisherben1

Re: Custom Boat Cover needed
« Reply #1 on: Sep 08, 2020, 10:41 AM »
My buddy had one made at Fort Wayne Awning. They did a very good job.

Daybreak

« Reply #2 on: Sep 08, 2020, 12:59 PM »
"The Canvas Shop" in Shipshewana did mine.  Great job and they have a lot of different options to choose from.  Check out their website. 
LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience!

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #3 on: Sep 08, 2020, 03:02 PM »
The Canvas Shop for sure!
Ronnie and Ruby Troyer
850 N Taylor Dr.
Shipshewanna, IN 46565
(260) 768 7755
Had my 16' Starcraft done in 2013, $422.65
Another guy on here had his done last year, $600.00 ?
Toll Road exit #107 I13 south to Rt120 east,
Turn right onto I5-S.
South to Village Drive coming in to Shipshewanna
First right onto Taylor Dr. 850 Taylor Dr- The Canvas Shop, you'll see it.
I was very pleased! Mine is still in great shape.
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

gilldan

« Reply #4 on: Sep 08, 2020, 09:08 PM »
Hare Canvas in Markle.  They have been making my covers and other items for years.  Very reasonable and always make repairs if needed in a timely matter.  Great people to work with.

gilldan

« Reply #5 on: Sep 08, 2020, 09:10 PM »
I just had a new cover made for my 16'.  Lots of extra reinforcements and extra snaps were they were needed $445.00.

InSeineNet

« Reply #6 on: Sep 08, 2020, 09:47 PM »
Second for Hare Canvas Products in Markle. Had one made 5-6 years ago and it still looks great, keeps everything inside dry, and I even tow with it on.

My boat is smaller than gilldans, but they added all the appropriate snaps and included the prop poles (first cover for the boat) for like $250-$275. Dropped it off and had it back in a couple weeks. He’s a 1-2 man shop so if there are other boats in line that time could slide.

Bottom line if I need a new cover for this boat or a different one I’ll be taking my business back, they earned it.

Scott

taxid

« Reply #7 on: Sep 08, 2020, 09:52 PM »
Thanks guys. I went with the Canvas Shop in Shipshe. Shipshe is only 20 minutes from the house too. Will be done on the 16th of November. They are booked until then.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

den58

« Reply #8 on: Sep 09, 2020, 07:28 PM »
Good choice had mine done last year from there they do great work dropped my boat off on Mon it was ready on tues .

taxid

« Reply #9 on: Sep 09, 2020, 07:50 PM »
Good choice had mine done last year from there they do great work dropped my boat off on Mon it was ready on tues .

Good to hear!

I think I had them make a 10 X 10 ice shanty canvas I attached to a hinged floor decades ago. Was really cool set up but a bear to pull through the snow! Thought I would have a heart attack pulling it! LOL I ended up giving it to a friend.

RoeBoat

« Reply #10 on: Sep 09, 2020, 11:31 PM »
10x10, for square dancin?

taxid

« Reply #11 on: Sep 10, 2020, 12:57 PM »
10x10, for square dancin?

Yeah might as well.  ;D But it was nice and roomy which I liked. I guess I got carried away with the dimensions.  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.