FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Plan A worked this time.  (Read 1843 times)

SLAYERFISH

Plan A worked this time.
« on: Dec 04, 2021, 09:42 AM »
Wide open this time, a nice breeze to huck metal out!  All fish on Thomas Bouyants.

Mac Attack

Re: Plan A worked this time.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2021, 10:16 AM »
sweet - nice brown - great color

taxid

« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2021, 10:28 AM »
Nice fish again. I hope you realize how blessed you are to fish a place like that.

I think my DNR gave up on managing for holdovers. Our lakes are managed for put and take.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

SLAYERFISH

« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2021, 10:38 AM »
Nice fish again. I hope you realize how blessed you are to fish a place like that.

I think my DNR gave up on managing for holdovers. Our lakes are managed for put and take.

We thank our lucky stars every time we go there.  They stock around 100,000 3-8" trout every year.  They grow 2-3" per month in summer.
Thus the liberal limits. :D  plus the rainbows don't get real old due to high mineral content in water.

iceman260

« Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2021, 04:10 AM »
Nice fish slayer,you are lucky to have such a great fishery.

taxid

« Reply #5 on: Dec 06, 2021, 01:40 AM »
We thank our lucky stars every time we go there.  They stock around 100,000 3-8" trout every year.  They grow 2-3" per month in summer.
Thus the liberal limits. :D  plus the rainbows don't get real old due to high mineral content in water.

I have found via research rainbows only live for about 3 to 4 years maximum wherever they are planted. Browns typically live longer, and brook trout i have raised usually max out at 3 years old. 3 to 4 inches per month is better than I got raising trout. I got 1.5 inches per month. Our local trout only grow 1/2 inch per month but they don't have a reliable forage as they subsist on zooplankton and invertebrates.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: Dec 06, 2021, 09:08 AM »
Nice colors on those trouts mister..  👍
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

filetandrelease

« Reply #7 on: Dec 13, 2021, 07:12 AM »

Gotta love those fall brown colors

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.