FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2nd place in cooking contest!  (Read 3309 times)

fishryc

2nd place in cooking contest!
« on: Dec 11, 2006, 11:25 AM »
 A bar and a restaurant in Wilson do a fundraiser for the local Hospice and charge 6 bucks a head for people to attend the and eat all they can during the afternoon.
 50/50 split drawings, Chinese Auctions, and bake sales supplement the cover charge with all revenue going to Hospice.
 There were 28 entrants this year, represent by chefs and cooks from local restaurants as well as armatures such as me that want to try their luck. This year’s food (and one of my specialties): Chile con Carne.
  I make mine very thick with whole tomatoes crushed by hand, along with big chunks of ground beef, red and green bell peppers, and Spanish onions. Additionally, instead of kidney, I use a mix of black beans, black eye beans, great northern beans, and chili bans. I don’t make it real hot; I put about 6 sliced Jalapeños and some crushed red hot chili’s. And, to take away the tartness of the crushed Romano tomatoes, some molasses. Plus generous amounts of crushed garlic, ground cumin, and chili powder.
 The judging panel also consisted of persons from the restaurant biz, and I was quite flattered to take second place. 
 It was a fun afternoon of fundraising, beer, chili, football, and friends……

S

"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man; a debt he proposes to pay off with your money".

"Defeat the fear of death and welcome the death of fear.”

G. Gordon Liddy

unreel

Re: 2nd place in cooking contest!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2006, 03:41 PM »
Congradulations on the 2nd place finish!!!!  The chile sounds great, I'll have to give it a try.
What place in Wilson has the fundraiser, the Wilson House?

walleye1

« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2006, 06:39 AM »
Nice job dude. Congrats! 8)

fishryc

« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2006, 05:54 AM »
Congradulations on the 2nd place finish!!!!  The chile sounds great, I'll have to give it a try.
What place in Wilson has the fundraiser, the Wilson House?

Wilson House gives generous support with prize donations and such, but it was actually held at Jeans.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man; a debt he proposes to pay off with your money".

"Defeat the fear of death and welcome the death of fear.”

G. Gordon Liddy

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #4 on: Dec 13, 2006, 09:35 AM »
Congrats, sounds like you're quite the pampered chef.   :D  Nice job!!  Keep up the killer recipes.  I like to chef it up too.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.