FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: what does your name mean?  (Read 58198 times)

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
what does your name mean?
« on: Jun 01, 2005, 10:38 AM »
one of the things I enjoy is all of the different names that people use, and I was curious on how you chose your name.  some seem obvious.  others can have many interpretations.  some are baffling.  for mine, my favorite lure for years was a Rapala #13 Floating Husky in crawdad color, and when the Husky Jerks came out, my 2 favorite colors were the crawdad, and the orange crawdad, (still are), and then Rapala stopped making them, so I went to EBAY, set up an account, and started buying them there.  My screen name was ol crawdad, and when I discovered IS and MFF, my nickmane that my friends call me was taken (HOSS), so I just used the EBAY name.  Let's hear some stories...
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

Polar

Re: what does your name mean?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 01, 2005, 10:42 AM »
Polar derived from the Tip_up.....

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #2 on: Jun 01, 2005, 10:47 AM »
This is going to be an interesting thread 8) I picked my user name because I like to hunt for trophy fish I don't actually hunt but the name sounded good at the time :)

grumpymoe

« Reply #3 on: Jun 01, 2005, 10:48 AM »
Grump.....started out as grumpymoe.....most of the members that i have met from Iceshanty and MFF just simply call me Grump......one of my all-time favourite movies was Grumpy Old Men.....and the scene with Walter Matthau pushing Jack Lemon who was sitting in the shanty toward open water still kills me....so when the time came to pick a handle.....its was a no brainer.....i actually kinda like it.....Grump ;D

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #4 on: Jun 01, 2005, 10:54 AM »
Don't be fooled by Grump's name either he's far from Grumpy ;) ;D ;D ;D

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #5 on: Jun 01, 2005, 11:07 AM »
Tiz simple:

The best d**n player in the world:

"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

MikeThePike

• Any signs of ice yet?
« Reply #6 on: Jun 01, 2005, 11:21 AM »
A nickname given to me by PikePopper and another of my fishing buddies. I hated it at first but it stuck. Someone suggest MikeTheMusky on the IS board but it just doesn't have the same ring to it, even though my fihsing buddy at work calls me it from time to time.
Chasing them pigs with fins!

AK isn't coming soon enough....can't wait to fight with 1 grizzly for 100,000 fish instead of 1,000 snaggers for 10.

Pikeguy

« Reply #7 on: Jun 01, 2005, 11:24 AM »
Don't be fooled by Grump's name either he's far from Grumpy ;) ;D ;D ;D

Very good point TH!!!! ;D

I target Pike when Ice fishing and I found Ice Shanty first so I kept the same name. Pretty unoriginal :-\

toguetaker

« Reply #8 on: Jun 01, 2005, 12:26 PM »
  Mine is what the name says.  Love to pound bottom with big spoons for Togue.

Poppy

« Reply #9 on: Jun 01, 2005, 12:30 PM »
I used it first on IS and carried it over to MFF.  The name came from the greatest event that has happened to me to date - In December 2004 I became a grandfather for the first time and my wife & I decided we wanted our granddaughter to call us Nanny & POPPY.  Can't wait to take her fishing.

timbertom

« Reply #10 on: Jun 01, 2005, 12:31 PM »
I own a timber frame company and my name is tom.  Hence, timbertom.

archbishop

« Reply #11 on: Jun 01, 2005, 12:40 PM »
There is a school here called Archbishop Walsh and my last name is Walsh and bishop was a nickname but it was taken on IS so i went with Archbishop

Deposit

« Reply #12 on: Jun 01, 2005, 01:22 PM »
My last name is Nichols. When I played football my coach called me deposit...as in 5 cent deposit. It stuck.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #13 on: Jun 01, 2005, 01:33 PM »
I started out on IS, and since Ice fishing can get you as high as any drug, I went with Ice Junky, Now since moving over here to MFF, i just swaped it over to my summer addiction Bass,.....

adkRoy

• MFF Mod Team
  • I'd rather be at camp.
« Reply #14 on: Jun 01, 2005, 01:45 PM »
I love the adirondacks. I work and play in them. I combined my middle name with them to get adkRoy.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.