FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Skeeter Reese Rods  (Read 16780 times)

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Skeeter Reese Rods
« on: Feb 07, 2010, 04:49 PM »
Im in the market for a few new rods this season and I noticed these new Skeeter Reese rods at a local shop. They felt great in hand (super light) but where a crazy bright yellow colour?

Anyone else had the opportunity to handle one? they seem to be in the right price range for a quality rod, but that yellow may clash with my orange carrot stix

http://www.wright-mcgill.com/rods/skeet-reese-signature-series.php

fishit

Re: Skeeter Reese Rods
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2010, 09:58 PM »
I actually got to use one for a short time last summer when the B.A.S.S. guys were in town after the tourney and for the money they are very well made...I wouldn't want one for clear water site fishing but for everything else they are quality...

I really love the Kistler line of rods but they can get a little pricey....not Loomis pricey but pricey...

Fish.it
1,168,124 Trout caught and released since 1997...another good year for the trout...

drobertsinMaryland

« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2010, 02:58 PM »
Hey bassjunky just curious do you not like your carrot stix? I been thinking of buying one.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2010, 10:58 AM »
I own both a regular carrot stix and the gold carrot stix. I dont really like the regular version. I find the tip is way to stiff and effects my casting accuracy. The gold version gives me the same strength with a nicer tip.

Im looking forward to seeing the new version with the micro guides

jibbs

« Reply #4 on: Mar 08, 2010, 11:18 AM »
falcon makes a great rod
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

stlawbassmaster

« Reply #5 on: Mar 14, 2010, 05:02 PM »
I was wondering about these rods also. I was checking them out yesterday at Gander.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #6 on: Mar 14, 2010, 06:16 PM »
I bought one, it has not hit the water yet, but I really like the feel of it,  full review to follow

tcbass

« Reply #7 on: Mar 24, 2010, 01:12 PM »
That's Skeet Reese...Skeeter makes boats.

slipperybob

« Reply #8 on: Mar 24, 2010, 03:00 PM »
So is there a black and yellow skeeter boat?  ;D
Slip bobber fishing and ice lounger.

Slipperybob's Wish to Fish and MN Dish...Journal

pipes18079

« Reply #9 on: Apr 15, 2010, 07:38 PM »
I picked up a spinning rod 7.2 for senco i used it twice so far it was a little stiffer than I was use to but didnt seem to have a problem I just swithed my line from braid to floro. I also picked up the toad version I cant wait to try that out man do i love hitting them on frogs

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #10 on: Jun 22, 2010, 12:36 AM »
    Is anyone else out there thinking the same thing I'm thinking!! I went fishing with my buddy who does bass tournaments and owns a Skeeter, when he pulled that bright yellow rod out, I started laughing so hard I almost fell off the boat. I asked how much he paid for it and he said 90 bucks, I said what, 90 bucks for glass!! Man I got a bunch of old eagle claw glass trolling rods on my wall I use for downrigging salmon I paid like 15 bucks a piece for, We compared the 2 rods later at home, they were just about the same rod, same color, same glass, same action, same company... just his had a bass pro's name on it and was 75 bucks more, who would pay 90 bucks for fiberglass made in china rod?   St Croix gets my vote for bass/walleye rods, any junk chineese rod with light action can hoist in a bass with crankbaits.          
  my 2 cents.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

BBK

« Reply #11 on: Jun 22, 2010, 02:13 PM »
   Is anyone else out there thinking the same thing I'm thinking!! I went fishing with my buddy who does bass tournaments and owns a Skeeter, when he pulled that bright yellow rod out, I started laughing so hard I almost fell off the boat. I asked how much he paid for it and he said 90 bucks, I said what, 90 bucks for glass!! Man I got a bunch of old eagle claw glass trolling rods on my wall I use for downrigging salmon I paid like 15 bucks a piece for, We compared the 2 rods later at home, they were just about the same rod, same color, same glass, same action, same company... just his had a bass pro's name on it and was 75 bucks more, who would pay 90 bucks for fiberglass made in china rod?   St Croix gets my vote for bass/walleye rods, any junk chineese rod with light action can hoist in a bass with crankbaits.          
  my 2 cents.

What? Eagle claw and wright & mcgill are not the same company. The rods will not be anywhere close to each other in construction as the skeets are made from Tri-Gressive S-Glass vs the eagle claws fiberglass.

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #12 on: Jun 22, 2010, 02:35 PM »
What? Eagle claw and wright & mcgill are not the same company. The rods will not be anywhere close to each other in construction as the skeets are made from Tri-Gressive S-Glass vs the eagle claws fiberglass.

Do you have one handy, wright and mc gill and eagle are the same company, made in korea if I'm not mistaken.

How can you justify the 100 dollar price tag after tax if it's just glass, especially if it's outsourced to another country!!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

KingPerch Jr.

• SOCCER: Gotta love it!!
« Reply #13 on: Jun 22, 2010, 03:27 PM »
Just go with a St. Croix Mojo Bass rod!!! ;D 8)
Red Sox!
Bartel Road Bait and Tackle

slipperybob

« Reply #14 on: Jun 23, 2010, 06:41 PM »
Aren't the normal trigressive s-glass rods like over $200?  ;D
Slip bobber fishing and ice lounger.

Slipperybob's Wish to Fish and MN Dish...Journal

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.