FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Skeeter Reese Rods  (Read 16781 times)

bassandbucks2

Re: Skeeter Reese Rods
« Reply #30 on: Jul 28, 2011, 09:59 AM »
I didn't  buy it because of who endorsed it or who's name was on it. I'm a tackle junkie and routinly have 12-14 different rods in the boat at all times. I mainly use BPS extreme rods and have used four different BPS rods for flipping from 7'6" to 7'11" and was just looking for a new flipping stik. I like a longer rod because I will often fish with the wind, instead of into it, and like that little extra length for hook sets when there's some slack in the line. I was at BPS and handled a number of brands, including the St.Croiux  Mojo 7'11", which just drove me nuts that the first guide was half way up the pole. I just liked the weight and feel of the skeete rod, plus it was on sale, and about $40 less than the St.Croix rod. I would have preffered a green or darker colored rod but wouldn't let color dictate which rod I bought if it felt right. Plus, I don't know where you buy your fishing tackle, but how do you buy anything that a pro doesn't endorse or have his name on? KVD has his name on every Strike King bait for example.

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #31 on: Jul 28, 2011, 10:03 AM »
I'm a tackle junkie and routinly have 12-14 different rods in the boat at all times. I mainly use BPS extreme rods

Same here.  Most of my casting rods are extremes with a bionic blade or two thrown in there.  Love my extreme 7' MH, the perfect pitching rod for myself.   Already replaced two guides on it (due to my errors), after 11 years its still going strong.

bassandbucks2

« Reply #32 on: Jul 28, 2011, 10:07 AM »
That's been my only complant with the extreme rods,  I've  had the guide insert come out on a few them. It's usually the tip or the first guide. So, I too am sure its my error from reeling the sinker right up to the tip. I am very hard on equipment though, as I fish a lot.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.