FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: broke down  (Read 3144 times)

jibbs

broke down
« on: Jun 17, 2011, 07:08 AM »
finally broke down and bought myself a frog rod...always wanted one but for the amount of time i throw them..... i never thought it was worth it...these past few weeks i have been fishing with a new partner who throws frogs 90% of the time...he is incrediable...inspired me to go out and buy a diawa 7'4 with a quantum energy baitcaster 7:0:1 and matched it up with 50 pound power pro...i also go a few new spro's and a couple live target frogs...those live target frogs are awesome...hope to be able to post up some pics
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

volume4130

Re: broke down
« Reply #1 on: Jun 17, 2011, 11:57 AM »
Nice!  I had my first luck with frog's this week.  I was using the Rage Tail frogs and caught a few nice ones.  No monsters, most between 1.5-2lbs, but I finally caught a few fish on them, so that was good enough for me.

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #2 on: Jun 17, 2011, 12:09 PM »
Don't limit yourself to the Spro type frogs, try some Horny Toads and match them up with superline 5/0 worm hooks.   Something about those kicking tails gets those bigger fish to bite where the regular frogs sometimes won't.  If you find yourself having problems with the 50lb braid digging in itself, step up to 65lb.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #3 on: Jun 21, 2011, 09:06 PM »
 a frog rod is a key piece of equipment in my book, I bought a Dobyns 735c this season and cant wait to break it in. I like spro frogs but much prefer the scum frog

cbtrtbum

« Reply #4 on: Jul 05, 2011, 12:52 AM »
I have been debating it as well and will likely break down. We have 2 Bass ponds here in town and by mid summer they are chocked full of weeds. This will be my first summer really chasing Largemouths there and I feel confidant that the frog will produce!!  Good luck!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.