FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: gear  (Read 3349 times)

jibbs

gear
« on: Feb 21, 2012, 08:57 AM »
anybody getting anything sweet for this upcoming bass season?...spent a few bucks on crankbaits with baby bass patterns...had a couple kick butt tournies on that color...who knows...also purchased line in bulk this season...tired of spooling reels and have barely enough or some left over....lastly, picked up a few rods and reels...can never hurt...hahaha
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: gear
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2012, 12:11 PM »
The only new thing I will be ordering in the next couple of weeks is an Alabama Rig... ;D   I just have to try it on the canal where I fish for small mouths... 8) 8)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

jibbs

« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2012, 12:54 PM »
The only new thing I will be ordering in the next couple of weeks is an Alabama Rig... ;D   I just have to try it on the canal where I fish for small mouths... 8) 8)
nh will allow us to have an alabama rig but only one swimbait can have a hook...they recommend the middle wire...i would like to get one...alot of the pros that are fishing states that have similar rules are using the alabama as a teaser and activating the bass....then they follow up with a single swimbait...good idea
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2012, 12:59 PM »

With limited time on the ice, my bass spending has increased. below is a thread I started to track my new gear for 2012..

http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?topic=50179.0

jibbs

« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2012, 06:28 AM »
With limited time on the ice, my bass spending has increased. below is a thread I started to track my new gear for 2012..

http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?topic=50179.0
nice supply...you are going to love the diawa braid...expensive but silky smooth

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #5 on: Feb 22, 2012, 07:02 AM »
Yeah, I noticed a difference as soon as I started spooling it.. its about $4 a spool more then my PowerPro, but feels much smoother.

jibbs

« Reply #6 on: Feb 22, 2012, 09:14 AM »
Yeah, I noticed a difference as soon as I started spooling it.. its about $4 a spool more then my PowerPro, but feels much smoother.
i just put my hands on it saturday...our bass store said they purchased this line a few years ago, but no one was buying it due to the price...they no longer carry it, but she showed me a spool that she had for her personal stash...we just opened up a few ponds today...the nitro should be out next week...i have february vacation due to being a school teacher....should have plenty of prefishing in before the first tourney...looking forward to sharing stories...like the idea of putting up pic's of gear...plan on doing the same

Snitchols

« Reply #7 on: Mar 08, 2012, 10:13 AM »
I picked up some new jigs and a spinner made from a small company (Mad Bass Lure) in the Adirondacks.

jibbs

« Reply #8 on: Mar 10, 2012, 05:16 AM »
Nice jigs...big fish lures...good luck this season...mine starts today...even though we got snow last nught

BoutTime

« Reply #9 on: Mar 14, 2012, 09:34 PM »
I overdid it a little for ice jigging, but Im sure I'll at least get a new rod and a few lures.

I hope....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.