FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Biggest bass  (Read 56157 times)

TroutFishingBear

Biggest bass
« on: Mar 12, 2004, 12:23 PM »
I catch a lot of bass, but not a heck of a lot of big ones.
My biggest is about 6 pounds
Catch them on rattling cranks
what about you guys????
ps. what did you catch it off of?

SuperX2

• Giv'em The One Four
Re: Biggest bass
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2004, 01:03 PM »
I usually get a nice one 4-5lbs every trip out but last year I was down on the big weights. I couldn't break that 6lb class to save my life. My biggest ever in NY was 9.04 out of a private pond.

jigginstick

« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2004, 02:55 PM »
My biggest is a 6# 22" large mouth caught in Grant county, Indiana and a 41/2# 19"small mouth caught in the Mississinewa Reservoir also in Indiana
Jig,Jig,Jig

suskymusky

« Reply #3 on: Mar 13, 2004, 08:08 AM »
My biggest smallie was 21 ". I got it trolling a black/silver floating Rapala.I never got a largemouth worth bragging about, but I have a lot of luck with spinnerbaits
"IMAGINATION is more important than KNOWLEDGE" Albert Einstein

jigginstick

« Reply #4 on: Mar 13, 2004, 08:55 AM »
 Hey suskymusky where did ya get that 21" small mouth, what a haug.
Jig,Jig,Jig

acsacmboy

« Reply #5 on: Mar 13, 2004, 12:40 PM »
largest lagemouth was a 20 1/2 next to the dock i was standing on. got him on a slop frog topwater lure. hit five feet away and jumped. i was like woa! this is a nice one. my boat was about 10 feet away so i ran over, jumped in and netted him. let him go.

largest smallie was (2) 18 1/2 inchers. one with a worm in 18 ft.  one with a perch minnow in 22 feet. st. lawerence river. i got a 17 last year on a 5 or 6 wieght fly rod. real nice fight. turned out to be about 5+ minutes.
Randy Mason
FLCC 09' Fisheries Technology major

fishercat

• hard water or soft water just let me fish
« Reply #6 on: Mar 13, 2004, 02:48 PM »
L.M. 6 lb. on a spinner bait.  S.M. was 5lbs 1oz. 21 1/2 " on a 1/64 oz  jig.  Both still swimming . I hope. ;D ;D
I fish for those "stupid fish" BASS. Largemouth Smallmouth Stripers, and even Rock bass.

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 13, 2004, 03:01 PM »
Oh man, I love to bass fish. More like I LIVE to bass fish. Unfortunatly, I have yet to catch a real giant.

Biggest Largemouth was a 5 1/2-6 lber, caught from the Susky River( Susquehanna) in Cooperstown, right below the dam. Caught that baby on a 7 inch motoroil power worm, T-Rigged. I'm going to fish Lake Moraine a lot more from my boat this year, so I know that I'll catch more bass in the 5 lb range. There are some reai hawgs in there (average around 15 inches).

Biggest Smallie was a respectable 4 lber, caught in the Schoharie Creek. Caught it in a deep run, underneath a bridge, on a blue/black spinnerbait.

Hey suskymusky where did ya get that 21" small mouth, what a haug.

I imagine he caught it in the Susky, but I'm not going to put a definate on it. THere are some monsters in there. My dad has caught several in the 5 lb range near Wells Bridge.

-Zach

broken rod

• CPR
« Reply #8 on: Mar 13, 2004, 09:39 PM »
my biggest smallie is 22 1/4 got that one on a flyrod with a mud minnow imatation i also caught 3 more really close to that all out of the same hole  ;D lets just say thats my favorite hole
tight lines, chuck

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #9 on: Mar 13, 2004, 09:47 PM »
I have caught three largemouth greater than six pounds. I catch them in a small pond in Colorado with big bass that are smart and hard to catch. Soft plastic jerkbaits like super flukes have accounted for all my big ones, and generally about half of all my bass.
I have caught some smallies up around 20" on twistertail grubs and crankbaits while fishing for walleyes. I caught one smallmouth that was almost 5 pounds with  big red eyes like marbles on a brown twistertail grub on a 1/4 ounce head.

Tyler

suskymusky

« Reply #10 on: Mar 14, 2004, 09:03 AM »
I caught it in the Susky last year and released her.I get some nice smallies on spinnerbaits  in spring at Harvey's Lake, but they seem to disappear when Bass season comes back in. I think the jetskis and waterskiers might have something to do with it.
"IMAGINATION is more important than KNOWLEDGE" Albert Einstein

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #11 on: Mar 14, 2004, 07:54 PM »
If everyone else is throwing in smallies, I will too.

Only about 16" :-[

fastribs85

« Reply #12 on: Mar 14, 2004, 10:12 PM »
biggest was 23 inches long hit a white spinner comming across the top at midday was really startled by the girth and the fact that when i took the spinner out you could see the back half of another bass :o and we scale but all agreed at least 5
naked women and beer we got it all in here

bow-n-arrow-man

« Reply #13 on: Mar 15, 2004, 02:26 PM »
my biggest large mouth bass caught was in my ice shanty it was 6lbs 3/4oz  ready for this on a ice jiggin rod he fought  for a good 10 min and had to make my ice hole bigger to get this hog out of the lake it was great !!!! ;D
and stupid me threw him back in the lake  i should have had him stuffed his mouth was so big  i could slip him over completely around the top of my head like a hat i have pics of him i believe he was 27in long or 28 i have it wrote down in my log book ive had friends tell me that my scale had to be wrong cause they say he looked like he was all of 8lbs but i didnt have a digital scale at the time  oh and this bass was caught out of wolf lake in hammond in  go figure  ::)

BuckShotJon

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #14 on: Mar 15, 2004, 06:32 PM »
8 lb Largemouth by accident ice fishing for pike. He took a 6 inch shiner.

Jon
"When the people fear the ‘government,’ that is tyranny. When the government’ fears the people, that is liberty. - Thomas Jefferson

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.