FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Biggest bass  (Read 56154 times)

nuke1neil

Re: Biggest bass
« Reply #15 on: Mar 15, 2004, 07:21 PM »
I caught a 7 lb 22 in.largemouth at Peck's Pond (actually it is a 600 acre lake) in Penna.Caught it at night using a frog Jitterbug.I heard it miss it the first time,and casted back past the stump for another try.Sure enough it went after it again.Using 8 lb line and in darkness,I was lucky to get it in.To add to the excitement,my uncle tried netting it for me and missed it,I told him to turn on the flashlight,And after getting the fish back up from going under the boat we landed it.That was 22 years ago,I'm 43 now and my Uncle Herb is 77 yrs.The great thing about being a fisherman is ,it's still fresh in both our minds and we have talked about that and laughed together many times over those 22 yrs.

broken rod

• CPR
« Reply #16 on: Mar 16, 2004, 05:04 PM »
8 lb Largemouth by accident ice fishing for pike. He took a 6 inch shiner.

Jon
        thats how i catch all my big ones ;D
tight lines, chuck

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #17 on: Mar 16, 2004, 10:19 PM »
I caught a 7 lb 22 in.largemouth at Peck's Pond (actually it is a 600 acre lake) in Penna.

Ahh another lake, (peck's) named after me!

Germ

• Always Planning the Next fishing Adventure...
« Reply #18 on: Mar 18, 2004, 05:27 PM »
My Biggest is a 7.5 LArge Mouth i caught last year which was too funny it was purly by accident.  We just came off my friends boat and we had only caught a few 2 pounders and anyhow i grabbed my tackle bag and Other rods put them in the car and my one Rod with a spinner bait  was still in his boat so i Picked it off the boat placed it Agasint the Boat ..It slipped down onto the dock and lure which i had tightened to the eyelet down by the reel..Came loose and the line and lure dipped into the water from the dock it only went down maybe 4-7 inches into the water..By the time i went to grab my rod it was already doubled over almost going into the water..I thought a pike had hit it...The line started to run...I just reeled it up horsed him in...(i love Fireline) anyhow Nice big ol Hawg he was...Lil pat on the head and back in he went...Before that my biggest was 4.8 for Larg mouth and my biggest smallie has only been 2.5....TIght lines!
Please Don't be offended by Germ and his Replys ..If any comments bother you please feel free to Send me a message Thru private mail and Ill   modify anything that Seems to upset ya. Tight Lines all!

Jigwiggler

« Reply #19 on: Mar 18, 2004, 05:38 PM »
     My biggest largemouth was 7lbs. 7 oz. 23 1/2 "out of a private pond and my biggest smallie was 22 1/2" (no weight on the smallie) out of the Susky.  Both were released and both were caught on topwater.
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

joefroggy

« Reply #20 on: Mar 19, 2004, 01:23 PM »
my bigggest was 2002 summer in Union Lake , 6 pounder on a soft plastic.  Caught a few 5 pounders on different topwater at various lakes.  only catch a few small mouths, largest 3-31/2 pounds.

Joefroggy

Fish Stick

• Here's to swimmin' with bow-legged women.
« Reply #21 on: Mar 20, 2004, 08:25 PM »
My biggest smallmouth was 23", C + R. That same day I caught 4 bass over 20" :D
If your only tool is a hammer, all of your problems start looking like nails.

peple of the perch

« Reply #22 on: Apr 13, 2004, 09:23 PM »
6 lb bass

basser

« Reply #23 on: Apr 14, 2004, 04:33 PM »
mine is a 6.03 smallie and a 5 1/2 largemouth

mark mercer

• Team Mercer
« Reply #24 on: Apr 14, 2004, 04:36 PM »
well these arent my biggest bass ever my biggest bass ever was 7.6 lbs out of a lake in NY but thes are my biggest since i got a digital camera

caught this one in front of my college this year

caught this one ice fishing

well ill have plenty more wear that came from with my new camera and all hope u guys enjoy

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2004, 05:11 PM »
well these arent my biggest bass ever my biggest bass ever was 7.6 lbs out of a lake in NY but thes are my biggest since i got a digital camera

caught this one in front of my college this year

well ill have plenty more wear that came from with my new camera and all hope u guys enjoy

What college do you go to? I might have to look into it ::)

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2004, 03:12 PM »
I know, everyone and their brother has seen this, but my biggest is this 7 lb 25" HAWG! Caught it on a small Strike King jig, with no trailer.

Caught it in a 50 acre water supply reservoir 10 minutes from my house. The next night, I caught this one, which was 21", 6 1/4 lbs.

Those are the two biggest I've ever caught. Both were caught at around 7:30 PM...wow, 2 biggest bass yet, in a 24 hour time period...makes me grin!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

-Zach

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2004, 06:19 PM »

Caught it in a 50 acre water supply reservoir 10 minutes from my house. The next night, I caught this one, which was 21", 6 1/4 lbs.

It always seems the best lake fishing is in water supply reservoirs. My big bluegill lake and aggressive largemouth lake is a water supply lake. One thing is they have completely idiodic rules  here.

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2004, 12:56 PM »

I know, it's been seen by everyone. Just wanted to make it work this time :P  ;D

-Zach

ohhh bad boy your standing in the water in a water supply lake, here you would get a 500 dollar or more ticket because you are "contaminating the water supply" which is bs because it goes through so many filters... including gravel and other chemicals.

Jigwiggler

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2004, 01:33 PM »
Zack, Don't worry about it.  I don't mind seeing that hog again at all! ;D
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.