FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Wawasee  (Read 7593 times)

PEARCHEYES

Re: Wawasee
« Reply #30 on: Dec 03, 2020, 03:47 PM »
Going to freeze and chase some gold Saturday .Just can’t put the boat away when there’s open water and nice perch swimming around.Any one else still outin a boat

LundProv

« Reply #31 on: Dec 04, 2020, 05:41 AM »
Absolutely!  Remember, they make really good clothing now!  Between my son and myself, we DO NOT winterize our boats.  Besides the lake in the backyard, which will freeze, lake Michigan is 10 minutes up the road and the perch are on fire most all winter over at Cal Harbor. The coho and browns are around and some days are lights out and some days are just fishing for them.  Bundle up with good clothing and you can always enjoy a couple of hours on the water.  The biggest deterrents are wind and sometimes ice on the ramp from others coming and going. One of the advantages is that there is no one else out!  Enjoy...

Ilove2fish

« Reply #32 on: Dec 05, 2020, 06:58 AM »
Never really tried targeting perch this time of year, usually after big bass with blade baits in deeper water.  Where do you find the perch in inland lakes this time of year, shallow sand bars or deeper water?

indianahooker

« Reply #33 on: Dec 05, 2020, 04:36 PM »
hit the mouth of johnsons bay today and haled in 30keepers.  was drifting the shallows pitching jig and tube.  biggest was 14.5"  got 2 snot rockets and couple bass.  1 crappie to the boat and it pulled loose.  looked to be 16-17".

Daybreak

« Reply #34 on: Dec 06, 2020, 06:56 AM »
hit the mouth of johnsons bay today and haled in 30keepers.  was drifting the shallows pitching jig and tube.  biggest was 14.5"  got 2 snot rockets and couple bass.  1 crappie to the boat and it pulled loose.  looked to be 16-17".
That's how to get it done!  Nice job!
LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience!

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #35 on: Dec 06, 2020, 02:03 PM »
Congrats I assume they were perch.I on the other hand couldn’t get them dialed in.Only two and lost a nice pike

Daybreak

« Reply #36 on: Dec 07, 2020, 09:00 AM »
I am glad to see you guys are still out chasing them.  Saw a Rangertrail trailer at the ramp on Backwater/Webster Saturday.  Looks like he had to break skim ice to get out the ramp and to the channel.
LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.