FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Halloween contraption  (Read 3343 times)

fishinator

Halloween contraption
« on: Oct 25, 2023, 03:00 PM »
I may have put this on here before,  but if not, here it is. I made this a couple years ago when I was isolating myself from my wife who had covid. It has an attack mode where the front portion raises, eyes light up, and it hisses. The legs move as it drives so it actually looks like it's walking. I upgraded it this year to shoot "webs". It's a lot of fun scaring kids, even better is scaring the adults

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Halloween contraption
« Reply #1 on: Oct 25, 2023, 03:18 PM »
My kind of creativity…..love it ….TO DEATH!
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #2 on: Oct 25, 2023, 03:50 PM »
Post a video of it working please.

fishinator

« Reply #3 on: Oct 26, 2023, 07:08 AM »
Post a video of it working please.
will do. I'll get some pics of the guts too. Probably be a couple days. It's currently inside the garage undergoing upgrades and some repairs. It's too big to fit through the walk in door when assembled and the overhead door is blocked with another project.

fishinator

« Reply #4 on: Oct 27, 2023, 03:21 PM »
Here's some pics of the inside. It's pretty busy so I'll try and give a run down of what all is going on. The drive system is 2 gear boxes from a kids power wheels, hooked to 2 hobby grade rc speed controllers. 2 additional casters keep it level. The legs are tent poles and #9 wire. The motor to work the legs is a windshield wiper motor. Attached to the wiper motor is a piece of flat stock with rc car tires on each end. As it spins the tires contact the legs and push them up, rubber bands pull them back down.
 The front section is hinged and has an air cylinder that raises and lowers it. 2 paintball tanks hold the air.
  The body is pipe insulation, insulation board and some fabric. And LOTS of hot glue.
  It also has a PLC for the attack mode to make controlling it easier.  Wasn't necessary but I had one laying around.
  The controller is a 8 channel flysky cheapo from Amazon.

fishinator

« Reply #5 on: Oct 27, 2023, 03:24 PM »

fishinator

« Reply #6 on: Oct 27, 2023, 03:25 PM »

iceman260

« Reply #7 on: Oct 28, 2023, 05:43 AM »
Fishinator that’s quite the contraption, a lot of time and energy was put into building that, it’s really cool, good work.

filetandrelease

« Reply #8 on: Oct 28, 2023, 06:58 AM »

Very cool indeed

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #9 on: Oct 28, 2023, 11:33 AM »
I love contraptions (as most of you know). That is d**n cool!
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #10 on: Oct 28, 2023, 02:43 PM »
I love contraptions (as most of you know). That is d**n cool!

Potty mouth.

;)

62 & Done

« Reply #11 on: Oct 29, 2023, 08:01 AM »
WOW !  Just WOW!   can't imagine how much trial and error went into creating that thing - Well done for sure

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #12 on: Oct 29, 2023, 08:49 AM »
Really cool contraption.

fishinator

« Reply #13 on: Oct 31, 2023, 07:42 AM »
Thanks for the compliments guys. It actually went together fairly quick, about a week, with very few problems. But the idea had been in my head for years. And I knew the body would cover everything so I didn't have to worry how anything looked  under it. It's pretty cold and windy here so not sure how many kids will be out tonight.  I'll get a video and try and post tomorrow

fishinator

« Reply #14 on: Nov 02, 2023, 07:08 AM »
.  Unfortunately that is the only usable video I got. I took some on my phone but I don't know what I'm doing and the quality is really bad.
  Only had about 60 kids. Least we have ever had. The silly string web was a failure. Silly string freezes. Even tried wrapping the cans in hot hands, still no go. Oh well maybe next year won't be so cold.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.