FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: New Gander Mountain store in Johnson City!  (Read 6195 times)

Cider

Re: New Gander Mountain store in Johnson City!
« Reply #15 on: Aug 27, 2004, 10:09 AM »
Cider, how did you find out about Cabalas going public, and how's the stock doing? 

My wife and I invest regularly in the market.  She watches the exchange daily.  I am not sure how it is doing now, but the day we purchased it we made a fair amount of money from the time we bought until the market closed later that day (just a few hours).  Their stock is doing very well.

seaweed01

« Reply #16 on: Aug 27, 2004, 10:17 PM »
Went to the Johnson City store today. A real nice store. I hope that they put
up their ice fishing display soon. I'm looking for a new shanty and want to see
what the new models look like. There is definitely something for everyone there.

water_wolf

« Reply #17 on: Aug 28, 2004, 09:20 AM »
Have any of you been to the Bass Pro Shops store in Auburn yet?  I went last Saturday and was somewhat disappointed.  The store is smaller than the Gander Mnt store in Rochester.  I did manage to spend almost 600 bucks on a couple of Avery Finisher blinds, GHG full body goose dekes, Flambeau Enticer full body duck dekes and a few other "trinkets".  I guess I was expecting one of their colossal stores....a bit of a letdown, but the aquarium was awesome.  I have always had good luck with dealing with the staff at Gander.

Chucker

« Reply #18 on: Aug 28, 2004, 12:06 PM »
My experience so far has been that Gander has more goodies that I want than Bass Pro.  Bonus is that the Henrietta Gander is only 3 minutes from where I work if I hit the lights right  ;D

buzz bait

• save the walleyes
« Reply #19 on: Aug 28, 2004, 03:18 PM »
any body going there its a lot easier to park at toys-r-us lot at the light not a bad walk parking is a cluster well you know.

venisonman

« Reply #20 on: Aug 28, 2004, 06:03 PM »
Chucker,

That Henrietta Gander is a nice store!

I trained at Krispy Kreme in Henrietta last year from Sept 1st till Dec 1st.
While out of town, I kept my bow skills up at the indoor range at Gander ( They did not appreciate me letting em loose in the hotel lobby!).

Only got one day to bow hunt and that extra practice came in handy. I made a quick clean harvest of a fine southern tier spike. Normally I like to wait for the bigger brother....but with only one day to hunt.....meat in the freezer!
Genesis 9:2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands.

Chucker

« Reply #21 on: Aug 29, 2004, 09:52 PM »
Chucker,

That Henrietta Gander is a nice store!

I trained at Krispy Kreme in Henrietta last year from Sept 1st till Dec 1st.

You were literally around the corner from my workplace.  My job's in the factory and offices across the street from the Holiday Inn kitty-corner to the plaza with the KK.

Oh, and according to one of the Henrietta cashiers, the Cicero store opens next week!

crappieloo

« Reply #22 on: Aug 29, 2004, 11:15 PM »
My experience so far has been that Gander has more goodies that I want than Bass Pro.  Bonus is that the Henrietta Gander is only 3 minutes from where I work if I hit the lights right  ;D
Same here,except Gander is about 6 minutes from my work.
We went to Bass Pro for the first time today and as a beginner in archery i was dissapointed with their archery department, and couldn'T find their shooting range??
crappieloo

Chucker

« Reply #23 on: Aug 30, 2004, 05:46 AM »
We went to Bass Pro for the first time today and as a beginner in archery i was dissapointed with their archery department, and couldn'T find their shooting range??
crappieloo
From what I can see, there is no range.  The only thing similar thing they have is the arcade-style shooting games under the stairs.

OTIS

« Reply #24 on: Aug 30, 2004, 10:18 AM »
Cider, do you know the symbol for Cabela's stock?
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

Bean

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #25 on: Aug 30, 2004, 10:54 AM »
The symbol for Cabela's is "CAB" on the NYSE.
Ken A.

BuckShotJon

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #26 on: Aug 30, 2004, 11:26 AM »
Gander Mtn....Oh I love the place.

Bought my goose shells there this weekend. At least 5 dollars a box cheaper than any other place I checked! I love saving money!

"When the people fear the ‘government,’ that is tyranny. When the government’ fears the people, that is liberty. - Thomas Jefferson

JigAwhopper

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #27 on: Aug 30, 2004, 11:37 AM »
Cabelas went up about 30% from the IPO date.  From $20 on the first day to  $26.3 right now.  Very nice bump and a good return.  Sales yoy went up very nicely in 2003,  but are down a lot from 1st quarter of 2004 to 2nd  quarter of 2004 from 313 to 279 mil,  and net profit down from 8 to 2 million in the last quarter.  So I figure there might be a slight downward correction in the stock price soon.  They should do great in the long term though,   I sure buy enough stuff from them to make their sales figures look good    ;D
GONE FISH'G.......

Jigwiggler

« Reply #28 on: Aug 30, 2004, 12:34 PM »
Gander Mtn....Oh I love the place.

Bought my goose shells there this weekend. At least 5 dollars a box cheaper than any other place I checked! I love saving money!

A friend of mine was ther yesterday and said they had Kent fast steel and Federal Premiums for $7.99 a box!! :o
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

BuckShotJon

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #29 on: Aug 31, 2004, 07:29 AM »
A friend of mine was ther yesterday and said they had Kent fast steel and Federal Premiums for $7.99 a box!!

Yup there was those and also Winchesters were on sale!

I like to support local shops but my bottom line is very important as well. Plain and simple.

Jon
"When the people fear the ‘government,’ that is tyranny. When the government’ fears the people, that is liberty. - Thomas Jefferson

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.