FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Trotline  (Read 2972 times)

jperch

Re: Trotline
« Reply #15 on: Apr 01, 2019, 05:17 PM »
ok I had a great time talking to a capt at the Cortland subdivision 607-753-3095...............no longer are permits given for trot lines....how ever you can have 3 hand lines with 15 points on each as long as you are in attendance ......am I going to do it???? probably not but fun thinking about it
Don't stand near Trapper when he casts that clothesline out!  And my back hurts thinking of all the crawlers I'd have to catch to keep them baited.  We used to do this as kids in Lake Ontario; we mostly caught eels and the elusive silver bass.  jperch

Bartman44

« Reply #16 on: Apr 01, 2019, 06:03 PM »
Back in the early 70s, when I was a youngster, we set trot lines in Champlain at night for catfish. One night while casting the multiple-hook rig out one hook found my index  finger. I ended up at the Ticonderoga hospital for the extraction. That was the last time I used a trot line.  :laugh:

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #17 on: Apr 01, 2019, 07:10 PM »
I've set trot lines before in the canal for catfish. Not especially legal at the time. Nor were they productive. Cured me for life. I'll sit on the bank and filll the cooler with bullhead instead.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishinjohn

« Reply #18 on: Apr 01, 2019, 08:11 PM »
I've set trot lines before in the canal for catfish. Not especially legal at the time. Nor were they productive. Cured me for life. I'll sit on the bank and filll the cooler with bullhead instead.

Rg
You just implicated yourself.. expect the law at your front doorstep tomorrow  ;D

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #19 on: Apr 01, 2019, 09:06 PM »
see we never threw the trot line we  tied it to a  bank   rowed out baiting hooks as we went  to the other side  then tied that end to the other bank .....we got a lot of  bullheads that way and was fun ......yes mac you were correct
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Mac Attack

« Reply #20 on: Apr 02, 2019, 08:58 AM »
You just implicated yourself.. expect the law at your front doorstep tomorrow  ;D

the marble cops too.

:laugh:

saquelie

« Reply #21 on: Apr 02, 2019, 12:50 PM »

Rg
Ah yes the Ticonderoga Hospital fond memories and still living it teaching 7 grandsons how to fish, trap and hunt not counting school sports and little league we are on a first name bases there. And I wouldn't change a thing, when your at Papas we don't hang out inside. Waiting on ice to clear for the bullhead bite.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #22 on: Apr 02, 2019, 08:24 PM »
seen two muskrats  running across the road  going in a  big water puddle  ....now that's a sign of spring
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.