FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Conduit Rod Tube  (Read 3564 times)

bighillbilly

Conduit Rod Tube
« on: Oct 10, 2006, 12:34 PM »
I know there are easier ways like using PVC, but I have a 10' section of conduit (2" I think) and woudl like to make a rod tube out of it for a new fly rod.  I have seen similar tubes in catalogs, but would like to try to make one.

I went to Lowes and looked through the electrical and plumbing section without much luck.  I was thinking about a compression fitting? on one end that I could screw a cap on and off.  The other end would be just a cap of some sort and serve as the bottom of the tube.  Does this knid of stuff exist?  Lowes was useless.

OTIS

Re: Conduit Rod Tube
« Reply #1 on: Oct 11, 2006, 09:13 AM »
Sure does.  Check your local plumbing, or hardware store.  Those big box stores don't always have everything.  Don't forget the glue.

Sorry, you're correct.  I mis red the post thinking you were using PVC.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

fishercat

• hard water or soft water just let me fish
Re: Conduit Rod Tube
« Reply #2 on: Oct 11, 2006, 09:24 AM »
I think you would have to go to a elec. supply store for end caps for metal  conduit. If they make them ???
I fish for those "stupid fish" BASS. Largemouth Smallmouth Stripers, and even Rock bass.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.