FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fall bite turning on!  (Read 1336 times)

crappiecrusher34

Fall bite turning on!
« on: Oct 09, 2016, 05:55 PM »
 It's been a while since I could go out and not be over ran with boats, but that time has arrived the lakes and reservoirs have been turn back over to the fishermen. The weather is right for the bite. Bibs heavy sweatshirt this is the weather I have been waiting for since pre spawn. I love this time of year. The bite is turning on really good. No need for the minnows any more. Jigs have stole the show. Got out this morning at day break with Mike looking to fill the cooler for next week's fish fry. It didn't take long to find them never but motor down.Got poles out at ramp and begin. Soon found fish out front in main lake in shallow water feeding on wind driven shad.  Took most of the fish in four to five ft of water and some shallower. Had most of the limit in first couple hours then had to work a little for last ten. The crappie are putting the meat back on,nice thick backs. As temps cool it will be getting only better. Enjoy the turning leaves and clam lakes fishing going to be good for the next seven mouths.

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
Re: Fall bite turning on!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 09, 2016, 11:57 PM »
What general area are talming about.....not asking for lake or gps coordinates just wondering if my area might be "on".
Thanks,
icejohn
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #2 on: Oct 09, 2016, 11:59 PM »
Sorry....thought i was on the new york board.
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

Jig_Head

« Reply #3 on: Oct 10, 2016, 12:06 AM »
I love this time of year too. And I like your excitement haha. Nice job on the limit. You talkin jigs under bobbers or casting road runner type jigs?

crappiecrusher34

« Reply #4 on: Oct 10, 2016, 04:52 AM »
We are spider rigging, but we are pushing them around fairly quick. Lake forks baby shad and sliders. Many different colors and some on road runners. They seem to like any thing if it was near them they would chase it down. Most the hits were pulling pole  tips in the water.

Jig_Head

« Reply #5 on: Oct 10, 2016, 05:15 AM »
Wow, gotta love it when they're that aggressive

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.