FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lake Erie/Eriequest Walleye 4/16 & 17, 2010  (Read 2269 times)

SkeeterJeff

Lake Erie/Eriequest Walleye 4/16 & 17, 2010
« on: Apr 18, 2010, 05:55 PM »
What can I say about Capt. Rick and Eriequest charters?  Capt. Rick worked his tail off for us this weekend in very difficult conditions and it paid off.

We got to the lake and our overnight accommodations early on Friday so Capt. Rick took us out for a couple of hours to see if we could get on some of those famous Erie walleye.  Conditions were less than favorable as winds were high.  We had clean water the first drift, not so clean water the second drift, and dirty water the third drift.  Despite tough conditions (36mph winds at one time and at least 5 footers on the way back) Capt. Rick put us on some nice fish.

Mike's wife Margaret with a nice one on Friday.

We fished a couple of hours on Friday and pulled in 16 keeper walleye, with a couple pushing the 25" mark.  Not too shabby for three Husband/Wife teams.

Our Friday afternoon Haul.

Saturday the weather was not looking much better, so we delayed our departure until 9:30 after the winds (should have!!) died down a bit.  We headed into the wind to find some cleaner water and worked our tails off fishing hard all day.  Capt. Rick put the Eriequest through its paces all day and put us on fish again.  We came in with a hard earned 24 fish limit for the six of us plus Capt. Rick put one in the cooler to top the day off.

Our hard earned Saturday Haul.

All six of us had a GREAT time on Friday and Saturday, and had the pleasure of sharing supper with Capt. Rick at a local steak house.  The food was excellent but the company and camaraderie was even better.  Thank you Capt. Rick for working so hard for us and making our trip such a success, despite what you called, "Very Tough Conditions".  You taught us a lot this weekend, and I can't see how anyone could find a better, harder working Charter Captain than you are!  

Folks, if you are considering a charter trip to Lake Erie for some awesome walleye fishing, you would be CRAZY not to call Capt. Rick Millette of Eriequest Charters.  The six of us had a BLAST and are considering a smallie or another walleye trip later this year.

Thanks again Capt. Rick!

-Jeff

P.S.  I will post some more pictures when we get them from the other two couples.

pigsmallie

Re: Lake Erie/Eriequest Walleye 4/16 & 17, 2010
« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 2010, 07:59 PM »
Good job!!  5 Footers :sick:  Been there done that...Those are all nice fish...I gotta get out and do that soon!!!!!!!!!!!
Aka Slabgill

fishnhunt

« Reply #2 on: Apr 18, 2010, 08:01 PM »
Congrats on some great fish.  Its nice to see somebody got into them with how rough and dirty it got.

AKAGAZOO

« Reply #3 on: Apr 18, 2010, 09:18 PM »
Nice pics and post. Looks like a memorably good time.
h

RiverRedneck

• KEEP HIS HEAD UP!
« Reply #4 on: Apr 18, 2010, 10:26 PM »
awesome guys. wtg

Hoosier

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Apr 19, 2010, 05:01 AM »
WTG jeff,That board is full of some nice eatin fish. Sound like you had a great time espically if the women enjoyed the fishin...  JT

SkeeterJeff

« Reply #6 on: Apr 19, 2010, 06:27 PM »
WTG jeff,That board is full of some nice eatin fish. Sound like you had a great time espically if the women enjoyed the fishin...  JT

Yep, we had an awesome time.  My wife and the SIL both love to fish.  The third lady likes to fish but is not very experienced.  She got a touch of motion sickness on Sat., but not enough to chum for us.  She stuck it out and worked through it by staying in there fishing the whole time. 

It was a great trip and we will probably be back in the fall.  Me, I'm going back up with a group of guys on the 15th of May.  :)

-Jeff

gill gitter

« Reply #7 on: Apr 20, 2010, 03:02 AM »
way to go jeff :clapping: got up there on the 10th n 11th and did well also. wish i could post some pics but my printers not reading my memory card outta my phone. i got to feeling sick myself that weekend and i have never felt that before in my life and i have experienced some rough waters out there before. guess i'll have to start taking some dramamine. congrats jeff

Hoosier

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #8 on: Apr 20, 2010, 04:47 AM »
way to go jeff :clapping: got up there on the 10th n 11th and did well also. wish i could post some pics but my printers not reading my memory card outta my phone. i got to feeling sick myself that weekend and i have never felt that before in my life and i have experienced some rough waters out there before. guess i'll have to start taking some dramamine. congrats jeff

Hey GILL, you can upload your pics striaght from your phone to photobucket... PM me and I help ya with the instructions...   JT

Steuben1

« Reply #9 on: Apr 20, 2010, 05:13 AM »

Gill,

I was wondering how you ended up feeling.  I was about 8 miles east and was gonna come in and see you guys but I caught on heck of a drift and couldn't leave!  Hope you ended up feeling ok.  If you take anything, don't take dramamine,  take bonine, its does not cause drausiness.   I have not missed a weekend out there yet.  Its kinda funny,  I have not reset my tracks on my gps and when you turn it on it looks like a bowl of spaghetti!

Steuben1

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.