FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: SHROOMS  (Read 1843 times)

RiverRedneck

• KEEP HIS HEAD UP!
SHROOMS
« on: Apr 19, 2010, 02:03 PM »
went back in the woods yesterday behind the house tryin to find some morals or morels (however you spell it) couldnt find not one shroom...live over in wheatfield just wonderin if anybody has had any luck yet? and if anybody has any tips on a good way to find em would be appreciated...

trebbled1

Re: SHROOMS
« Reply #1 on: Apr 19, 2010, 02:21 PM »
found 2 greys today.was not really even looking for them. just scouting for turkeys and looked down and there they were.
 they say look around dead elm trees.
 This is in Laporte county.

bluegillpeffley

« Reply #2 on: Apr 19, 2010, 02:28 PM »
we found a little over 200 blacks and snake heads yesterday 4/18/10 in southeast Laporte county!!!!! And saw a couple of turkeys to boot!!!!!

abishop

« Reply #3 on: Apr 19, 2010, 05:55 PM »
Wild cherry trees, cottonwoods, north sides or creeks and ditches. Look for mossy areas preferably clay soil. Anymore info and I would have to kill you. Just kidding good luck and always check for ticks.

FishingPolski

• Ret. Opr. Engnr. Local 17
« Reply #4 on: Apr 19, 2010, 06:21 PM »
only ones, i trust to eat, are in then produce section, at the super market. wish i realy knew how to distingush, good ones from bad,  searched the net, but i'm still chicken, to go pickin.

portageredneck

« Reply #5 on: Apr 19, 2010, 07:24 PM »
the morals that come up now are very easy to tell;i'm gonna go get some and post the pics...its still a little early yet but we been findin a few need a good rain

bigr

« Reply #6 on: Apr 19, 2010, 07:47 PM »
Found 71 blacks a couple weeks ago and went back a week later a found another 20. Hav'nt been back out since but i'm sure there up good by now.This was on the salamonie property,south facing hills. I'll go back out on weds and thurs and that should do it for me. Good luck 

Crappie Expree

« Reply #7 on: Apr 19, 2010, 09:42 PM »
I found these on the south side of a hill at the indiana dunes.I belive, is they grow on the south side early and north side later as the ground warms
Take a kid fishing!

RiverRedneck

• KEEP HIS HEAD UP!
« Reply #8 on: Apr 19, 2010, 11:10 PM »
cool thx guys...gonna try around the river banks tomorrow if i have time been gettin a few wallies lately...water is gettin warmer and the eyes are startin to hit! :rotflol:

DADDY-O

« Reply #9 on: Apr 19, 2010, 11:26 PM »
where are you getting the eyes at?  been tring the kank, but havent had much luck, i never have had much luck fishing the river, i know there is a knack to doing it. just never could figure it out. any help would be great. thanks DADDY'O
SATCHMO

RiverRedneck

• KEEP HIS HEAD UP!
« Reply #10 on: Apr 19, 2010, 11:54 PM »
earlier in the season got one on a walleye minnow and got a 24in on a twister tail...ive been gettin em lately on night crawlers jiggin should be able to get em on crankbaits soon also...the depth finder the other day said 62 degrees so they should be gettin real active soon...find them pockets if you got a boat...if not find some ditches leadin into the river...keep at it and it will pay off there some monsters out there

perchunter

« Reply #11 on: Apr 20, 2010, 07:03 PM »
Found about 70 grey shrooms in Elkhart co. on 4/18. Kinda small but tasted fine.  :P :) :)  60 under 1 tree. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.