FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Anybody ever fish for trout in Patagonia?  (Read 3582 times)

lowaccord66

Re: Anybody ever fish for trout in Patagonia?
« Reply #15 on: Jul 31, 2017, 02:23 PM »
Patagonia stole my lunch money and punched me in the FACE!

It can and it will!

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #16 on: Aug 18, 2017, 05:26 PM »
i would rather travel to new zealand to fish for trout. check out some of the pictures and videos of trout from there. makes patagonia look like nothing. not to mention they are more wild than the fish in patagonia.

taxid

« Reply #17 on: Aug 18, 2017, 10:27 PM »
I was always under the impression that Patagonia was much wilder and more isolated than New Zealand. Pretty much a wilderness.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #18 on: Aug 18, 2017, 10:38 PM »
I was always under the impression that Patagonia was much wilder and more isolated than New Zealand. Pretty much a wilderness.

Trout were never native to Patagonia.  They were introduced a while ago and took hold.

taxid

« Reply #19 on: Aug 18, 2017, 10:53 PM »
Trout were never native to Patagonia.  They were introduced a while ago and took hold.

They are not native anywhere in the southern hemisphere including New Zealand. Eggs were shipped down there around the turn of the 20th century.

Just because they are a naturalized species doesn't mean their habitat isn't wild and they don't grow large.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.