FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fishnmachine's Pictures 2017  (Read 5545 times)

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
Fishnmachine's Pictures 2017
« on: Apr 17, 2017, 07:31 PM »
I missed NY opening day and a week later I was sick and missed VT opening weekend as well.  I finally felt well enough and got out for a little while yesterday morning after I got the Easter ham cooking.
My first trout of the year was a 17-1/2" Brown. It was nice to get out!

One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

lunkerhunter

Re: Fishnmachine's Pictures 2017
« Reply #1 on: Apr 17, 2017, 07:58 PM »
Good Job...worth the wait.. your being ill gave the fish a lil time to grow..
Get Well and get Catchin

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Apr 18, 2017, 03:42 PM »
Nice trout Bill..  I have yet to go but next week I should have a few in the net ..  ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Apr 18, 2017, 04:03 PM »
Very nice Bill. Did you get a chance to try the furled leaders?

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #4 on: Apr 18, 2017, 08:15 PM »
Thanks guys.  

I haven't fished one yet, RG but I did whip some loops in a couple fly lines last Sunday ( the week before Easter) and tossed them around the yard.  I really like them.  They roll over really nicely and will be a huge improvement, especially on the 2 wt.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #5 on: Apr 18, 2017, 08:25 PM »
I went out for a couple hours tonight. Tried some red wigglers but they only got me pita dace. Went to a dace-like spinner and caught a huge pregnant fall fish, probably 3 lbs, and a 13-14" Brown that jumped out of the net quick release style. Sorry, no pictures.

I'm a red - blooded American man and all,  and have always been partial to beaver, but I decided I should quit tonight when they started swarming me in waist deep water.  ;D

filetandrelease

« Reply #6 on: Apr 18, 2017, 08:47 PM »

That's a nice brown 👍🏻

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2017, 10:18 PM »
Here's one from Sunday, even with high, murky water from all the rain.

;D

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2017, 04:57 AM »
Nice one Bill...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #9 on: Jun 06, 2017, 09:57 PM »
I kind of fished around a bit the last couple of weeks.  May 24th I fished a branch of Lake Ouachita in Story, AR. I threw stick baits, crank baits, spinners, and rubber worms from shore without a hit. There were some big fish breaking out deep, but I just couldn't reach them. I finally managed to catch a few small bream on night crawler heads.  They wouldn't touch a crawler with a tail.  Not a real successful morning, but it was still good to fish.

Three days later, my daughter and I fished for trout in the tailwaters of Fishtrap Lake in Pikeville, KY. KY F&W stocks these tailwaters with 10,000 rainbow trout annually. Stocking happens in March, April, May, June, October, and November.  We didn't catch any trout.  I have a theory that those stocked trout are inhaled by the 20 lb. catfish this place is full of. I broke a foot off my favorite rod on my very first hookset! I'm not sure whether to blame the monster on the end or luggage in the trunk of the car.  That left me with a 5 ft. telescoping rod with 4 lb. test.  LOL. We managed a few smaller ones, and I lost another monster on the little rod.  There was a brief moment that I thought I might beach it, but after about 10 minutes out got tired of toying with me and left for the fast water, and that's the end of that story!

We had a great time, and it was fun to fish with my baby again!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #10 on: Jun 08, 2017, 05:57 PM »
Nice catfish..  Are they channel cats?

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #11 on: Jun 08, 2017, 08:50 PM »
I think those are small blues, but there are huge channels in there. Guys around us with the right gear were catching 14 - 20 pounders right and left.  It looked like they were throwing big orange Daredevils. Word had it, if you throw anything orange, you'd catch catfish. That lends me to believe that any stocked rainbows with that red stripe are eaten almost as soon as they're dumped!   :laugh:

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #12 on: Jun 09, 2017, 03:27 PM »
Trout fed catfish must taste good..... ;D

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #13 on: Jun 15, 2017, 06:21 PM »
Good going Fishnmachine & company, nice trout and cats.  :)

WW

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #14 on: Jul 17, 2017, 02:37 PM »
The other night I found my best trout to date so far this year.

22" long Brown. Released, safe and sound! She makes the net look small.  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.