FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: New pb pike  (Read 3935 times)

lowaccord66

Re: New pb pike
« Reply #15 on: Feb 20, 2023, 03:02 PM »
Nice fish Jon! Congrats.

Does the body of water it came from get planted with trout? As I'm sure you probably know they love soft rayed fish and allegedly the big ones go deep in the summer. Our biggest pike in my locale come from lakes that have planted trout. The state record of 48 inches and over 30 pounds I mounted for a guy spit up a 20 inch rainbow.

One of the rivers that feeds into the lake has trout but there isnt a direct stocking.

taxid

« Reply #16 on: Feb 20, 2023, 05:26 PM »
Interesting.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

lowaccord66

« Reply #17 on: Feb 21, 2023, 11:01 AM »
Interesting.

The lake is highly productive.  In a few short years tiger musky went from fingerlings to over 20#.  Esox species at this lattitude grow fast and die young compared to their northern counterparts.  So says our local pike biologist.

Where I got my pb on ice, that place is full of trout.  Have watched the pike slam them on thw surface after they were stocked.

taxid

« Reply #18 on: Feb 22, 2023, 09:11 AM »
The lake is highly productive.  In a few short years tiger musky went from fingerlings to over 20#.  Esox species at this lattitude grow fast and die young compared to their northern counterparts.  So says our local pike biologist.

Where I got my pb on ice, that place is full of trout.  Have watched the pike slam them on thw surface after they were stocked.

That's cool you have access to water like that. Our state stopped planting tiger muskies because they claimed the low return didn't justify it. But although far and few between we do have some big northerns here.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Bartman44

« Reply #19 on: Feb 22, 2023, 06:45 PM »
Judging just by feel/length.  This one was about 18lbs or so.  Probably near 40".  The one hit I had Friday afternoon and it was the one I was looking for.

Congrats, nice fat one.  February boating, love it.

thetroutwhisperer

« Reply #20 on: Mar 01, 2023, 01:47 PM »
Awesome fish.

lowaccord66

« Reply #21 on: Mar 04, 2023, 01:36 AM »
Thanks guys.  Ya no ice season in CT really.  Fine by me!

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #22 on: Apr 20, 2023, 07:09 AM »
Nice pike Jon. Glad to see you out on the water. Almost salt time for this guy.
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #23 on: Apr 20, 2023, 11:12 AM »
Nice pike Jon. Glad to see you out on the water. Almost salt time for this guy.

That was february brother.  Same here.  Need a new lower then Ill put the big boat back in the slip.  (If I dont move the boat to quonnie for quicker tuna access)

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #24 on: Apr 20, 2023, 12:33 PM »
Goodness, that fish is a porker!

That was february brother.  Same here.  Need a new lower then Ill put the big boat back in the slip.  (If I dont move the boat to quonnie for quicker tuna access)

I thought you got a new lower last year?

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #25 on: Apr 20, 2023, 02:32 PM »

Where would you keep it at quonni? I know the public ramp.is there but no marina. Thats a dangerous breachway. Galilee for easy tuna access.
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #26 on: Apr 20, 2023, 06:40 PM »
Goodness, that fish is a porker!

I thought you got a new lower last year?

I did and promtly removed it on rocks on the first day of tog season.

lowaccord66

« Reply #27 on: Apr 20, 2023, 06:41 PM »
Where would you keep it at quonni? I know the public ramp.is there but no marina. Thats a dangerous breachway. Galilee for easy tuna access.

Buddy has a slip right on the breach.  I know its dangerous been surfcasting it for a long time.  Have seen boats hit the jetty more than once.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #28 on: Apr 21, 2023, 05:29 AM »
Buddy has a slip right on the breach.  I know its dangerous been surfcasting it for a long time.  Have seen boats hit the jetty more than once.

That makes sense. Oh i know you know. Ill never launch there. New tires and a new captains seat and ill be out there. You ready to fluke this year?
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #29 on: Apr 25, 2023, 07:27 AM »
I am in spirit.  Boat has a way to go.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.